Application Developer (6 month fixed-term contract)
Abbot House, Westgate St, BSE, IP33 1QT
About the job
To develop effective business solutions as required by the various GK business units. To act as 3rd line support for key IT Development systems that are used across the business. To work within Greene King's IT team and aim to provide excellent business support, customer service and project delivery for all the key business systems.
* Delivery of multiple developments as demanded by the business.
* Project delivery on time and within budget.
* Primary 3rd line support for Development applications.
* Shared ownership of Development team issues.
* Estimates for development elements of project budgets (internal and external).
* Manage key relationships with IT, Development & ETL, Project Delivery, Testing, Strategy and Transformation teams.
* Ensure all developments are scoped, delivered, system tested and implemented within budget and timelines.
* Ensure that development environments are properly maintained and managed.
* Provide credible and realistic estimates for planned development work.
* Deliver in a fast moving, changing business environment.
* Work closely with other IT teams to deliver solutions to the business.
* Ensure investment in a continuous professional development plan to keep technology & specialist skills up to date.
* Demonstrates customer focussed ownership and accountability.
* Has a proven track record of delivering results with enthusiasm and a positive "can do" attitude, able to work with multiple priorities and progress activities with urgency and pace.
* Is able to build good user relationships and a highly motivated team player who demonstrates team centred behaviours.
* Highly effective communication skills.
* Experience of application development within a structured project environment
* Experience of sprint planning and development, producing and reviewing technical design specification documentation.
* Confident in liaising with IT project team members.
* Strong communication skills when presenting Show and Tell updates to senior stakeholders.
* In depth knowledge of up to date development methodologies and technologies.
* C# ASP.NET / MVC / WebAPI
* Microsoft Blazor, Azure DevOps / TFS, SQL Server.
* T-SQL, SQL SSIS and SSRS.
* VB.NET, Knowledge of XML, JSON.
* Previous experience of Selenium and Postman.
* In depth knowledge of up to date development methodologies and technologies (e.g. SCRUM).
* Knowledge of core Microsoft technologies particularly Office 365, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Teams.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us ?