My client, a leading sustainability and environmental Consultancy with offices across the globe, is entering a period of significant growth and therefore is seeking an Aquatic Ecologist to join their highly skilled and supportive team in Bristol.
This diverse and exciting role offers you the chance to support projects and clients across the UK and overseas spanning projects with a hydro-ecology focus. You will be responsible for:
* Effective and safe implementation of environmental surveys for aquatic ecology.
* Water quality monitoring.
* Water Framework Directive Assessments.
* Opportunities to work within incidence response.
* Preparing fee proposals and author technical reports.
* Baseline and species reports.
A large component of this role is office-based coordination, including data analysis, client contact and reporting, as well as occasional fieldwork.
The successful candidate will:
* Hold a degree in a relevant discipline, for example Ecology or other Biological Sciences.
* Have specialist ecological knowledge in fisheries or macroinvertebrate skills and/or survey skills for one or more protected species.
* Have comprehensive report writing skills within ecological survey reporting and assessments with ability to multi-task and handle several projects simultaneously.
* Have a comprehensive understanding of UK and EU Wildlife Legislation, planning policies and licensing requirements.
* Have an extensive understanding of Water Framework Directive Assessments.
* Understand EcIA and Water Resources Management Plan options appraisal (advantageous, not essential).
* Hold CIEEM membership.