The BI Analyst (Claims) role involves using a range of statistical and mathematical models and systems to analyse diverse and complex claims information to understand current trends and predict future outcomes. You will work proactively with key stakeholders across the technical claims, pricing, reserving and IT functions to provide insight into claims performance, managing relationships with related functions to influence, challenge and support business strategy and practices.
You will need appropriate mathematical/statistic qualifications and/or information analysis experience and knowledge of analytic models and systems. Experience with Data Science techniques and Business Intelligence tools e.g. QlikSense would be advantageous.
Responsibilities - What you’ll be doing
• Specifying, building and operating mathematical/statistical models and systems using internal and external data sources to predict future trends and outcomes.
• Conducting detailed statistical analyses, including working with diverse and complex information and intelligence, to produce timely, accurate, insightful and focused outputs.
• Reporting and presenting observations and recommendations to a broad range of stakeholders to support and inform business activities and decisions
• Building and maintaining relationships with business leaders
• Providing advice, guidance and coaching to less experienced and/or numerate colleagues to raise standards and expertise across the business.
The Individual - What we’re looking for
• Strong numeracy skills and understanding of statistical analysis
• Experience of information management and analysis
• Knowledge of analytical models and assumptions
• Experience of working effectively with a range of Stakeholders
Jobs you might also be interested in