About the job
Behaviour Mentor – Newham
Are you an ambitious and creative SEN Teaching Assistant/Behaviour Mentor looking for your next challenge within a ‘Good’ mainstream school in Newham?
Maybe you are a Support Worker looking to make a switch to education.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Psychology Gradate looking to pursue a career within education!
CONTRACT / POSITION DETAILS:
* Location – Newham
* Position – SEN Teaching Assistant
* Start date – April
* Duration / Likely Duration – Full academic year
* End date (if applicable) – July 2021
* Full time/part time – Full time
* Hours – 8:30 – 15:30
The role would include:
-One to one support for a child with complex emotional and academic needs.
-Very challenging behaviour
-The child will need to be supervised throughout the day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
– Previous SEN experience
– Previous experience with challenging behaviour
– Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (desirable however not essential as Safeguarding training is provided)
– Team Teach training would be highly desirable for this role
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
– Hold Right to Work in the UK
– Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
– Provide two professional references
If this role appeals to you, click ‘apply now.’ Or for more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, please contact Billy in our London branch:
0207 404 6383
Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.