Behaviour Support Assistant
Tameside – September 2021
A secondary school in Tameside area are currently looking to bring on a Behaviour Support Assistant to support and work with their SEMH students. The position will be full time for one term initially, though the right candidate could be offered the chance to extend the position into the new academic year.
The successful applicant will support SEMH students in the classroom alongside regular teaching, ensuring they understand and follow instructions and set tasks and do not fall behind. Teaching Assistants are responsible for creating a positive working environment for students struggling with engagement, self-esteem or behaviour. SEMH Teaching Assistants will also support students in small group and one-to-one meetings, providing pastoral support and structured academic intervention.
This thriving secondary school in Tameside has a strong SEN and support staff team that is looking to expand and improve their SEMH support. The successful candidate may also need to help with the support of other vulnerable students throughout the school, such as SEN students and students from youth work or residential care backgrounds.
Some highlights of this position include:
- Supporting SEMH students in class with set tasks, creating a positive working environment and allowing regular teachers to deliver classes
- Organising pastoral support and academic intervention meetings for vulnerable students alongside SEN coordinators
- Liaising with parents, carers and guardians in person, via email and over the to provide key progress updates
- Vibrant secondary school with dedicated SEN and support staff team looking to expand behaviour and SEMH support
- Full time position commencing after Easter, initially temporary but with the opportunity to extend to permanent
- Weekly wages from £325 through our Pay As You Earn scheme (PAYE)
For immediate consideration for this position please submit your CV via the link provided. For more information regarding this position or any other available roles please contact the Manchester East Secondary Branch at Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.