Branch Sales Managers are an essential part of the Travis Perkins branch team, working closely with the Branch Manager to develop a sales strategy which focuses on proactive development of existing customers, lapsed customers and how to attract new ones in order to maximise profitable sales. You will engage the branch colleagues in the execution of the plan in order to grow and bring additional sales value into the business whilst delivering our Doing What Matters strategy for both colleagues and customers at a local level through amazing operational effectiveness.
What will I be doing?
No one day is the same as the next in TP branch life, but here are a few pointers:
- Our success is built on strong relationships with our customers so its essential that you can engage and inspire the branch colleagues to support in executing the sales strategy and support the team being professional, friendly and enthusiastic, ensuring they know the part they need to play.
- Understanding our local competition is key, this will enable you to harness opportunities and develop strong sales propositions which meet customer needs in order for us to be competitive in the local market.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with customers to ensure ongoing profitability.
- Liaise with suppliers to create local commercial plans which seek to create profitable sales
- Safety is at the forefront of everything we do, your aim will be to ensure that all our colleagues and customers leave the Branch safely, by adhering to all stay safe policies and procedures.
- You will be a key-holder, often opening or closing the branch
- You will support the Assistant Branch Manager and Branch Manager in managing some aspects of a Branch and business.
What experience do you need?
Previous experience within a builders merchant is advantageous, but not essential. This is a key customer facing role so you need the ability to provide great customer service by building effective relationships and working as part of a team. It doesn't matter what sector you come from, we just need transferable skills such as, sales experience, great customer service and inspirational leadership. We can teach you the rest.
We hope you can say Yes to all of the characteristics below - they are in the DNA of all our Branch Sales Managers. Are you:
- Someone that is highly self-motivated, highly organised, adaptable, resilient and tenacious with high levels of energy and drive.
- Focused and goal orientated and able to achieve sales objectives
- Someone who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Career focused and want to build a career to become a key player in the success of a large PLC?
Being a Branch Sales Manager in TP gives you a fantastic opportunity to excel and to continue to develop. How will you know you are doing a great job and developing your career? Simple. We will support you with a development plan that embraces our values - we call them Cornerstones. These are Working For Our Customers, Upholding Family Values, Being The Best, Keeping People Safe, Making Decent Returns
Youll also receive £Competitive pay + Benefits (which includes a colleague bonus, contributory pension, private healthcare, life assurance, sharesave scheme, group wide colleague discounts across the Travis Perkins Group (including Wickes and Toolstation). Plus we have a number of online discounts at leading retailers from airport parking to theme parks to eating out and cinemas. Our working hours also offer a great work life balance - most of our customers choose to enjoy their weekends and bank holidays which means you can too!
You may not know much about Travis Perkins, but if you look a bit closer you might be surprised, despite our size, we have the values of a family run business and the mindset and ambition of a forward thinking Company. We pride ourselves on being a great place to work that's why we have been voted one of the UKs Top Employers every year since 2010. We offer our employees access to extensive career opportunities across our 20+ leading businesses. We operate out of more than 2,000 outlets nationwide and have over 28,000 colleagues.