Business Intelligence Developer
£31,000 - £37,000
A health organisation in Norfolk are seeking a Business Intelligence Developer to be the key part of the team developing and maintaining Business Intelligence solutions using the Microsoft BI stack. The successful Business Intelligence Developer will provide specialist knowledge and advice on ETL processes, SQL Server administration, database development & management and investigate various options for development of reporting to provide a presentation layer within the organisation.
*Develop and implement complex extract-transform-load processes with the intention of providing a high-quality service with expert advice to analytical teams. This includes analysis, interpretation and transformation of source data from several systems into a data warehouse.
*Alongside existing post holders, ensure delivery of the Trust's Data Warehouse is fully compliant with all National guidelines and policies, i.e., Commissioning Data Sets.
*To work with supplier staff and the Trust to maintain a Data Warehouse so that all identified key data items are stored efficiently, and in a manner that is conducive to effective and efficient information reporting.
* Ensure data feeds and algorithms used by the Data Warehouse are applied correctly to ensure accurate data and protect Trust income.
* To ensure that processes are in place so that the data-warehouse is regularly updated with data from source systems, and that complex data is processed appropriately so that it is available to Information colleagues and end-users for reporting and analysis.
* Provide expert advice surrounding Business Intelligence solutions i.e. Power Pivot, multi-dimensional cubes.
* Manage the SQL security and authentication for users while adhering to information governance.
* Ensure sensitive and confidential data is protected and secure and pseudonymised when appropriate.
* Use programming languages to identify problems within the data, such as T-SQL and Visual Basic.
* Ensure that all developed business intelligence solutions have appropriate and documented disaster recovery and business continuity plans in place.
* Arrange updates, plan and implement maintenance, plan and test disaster recovery solutions and monitor server performance.
* Maintain a proactive approach in suggesting improvements and amendments to existing architecture, SQL server(s), data definition language, data manipulation language and change management and its implementation.
* Ensure the development and availability of historical and live reporting solutions.
*Experience of designing, developing and supporting databases (or data warehouses).
*Experience of SQL using complex data
*Experience of MS SQL Server, including SSIS, SSRS
*Knowledge of commissioning data sets (CDS).
*Working knowledge of NHS Data Dictionary.
*Expert knowledge using Microsoft Office suite
*Expert knowledge using the Microsoft Business Intelligence Stack
*Expert knowledge using Transact-SQL
*Working knowledge of XML, XMLA, Visual Basic,.Net, WMI
Badenoch + Clark acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. Badenoch + Clark UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.