Full Time – Permanent
The CAD Technician is responsible for creating and adapting technical drawings for all company products using AutoCAD and Inventor design packages. Liaising with the Technical Design Manager, Senior Engineer and Project Managers to provide accurate and suitable technical drawings of subsea concrete structures and lifting equipment for projects and enquiries around the world. To work under the instruction and supervision of the Technical Design Manager and Senior Engineer and assist the Project Managers and Sales department by providing drawings for projects and bids. To be responsible for populating and managing the technical drawings library, ensuring it is up to date at all times.
* Technical drawings for projects, enquiries and new product development.
* Responsibility of the Technical Drawings Library.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
* To provide good, technically correct and precise drawings of structures and equipment
* To understand and translate client drawings for projects and enquiries.
* To convert engineering designs into technical drawings.
* To ensure good self-management of work to enable accurate deadlines to be given for
* Ensure all assigned work is responded to following company protocol to ensure the smooth
* running of the department and business.
Qualification Criteria (Minimum):
* Good organisational and self-management skills
* Good communication skills
* Proficient in AutoCAD 2D
* 3D design and modelling experience
* Positive approach with good work ethic
* Ability to use Microsoft Office suite
Additional Criteria (Desired):
* Civil or Structural engineering qualification
* Reinforcement detailing experience
* Knowledge of steel fabrication procedure