Java has been a key technology throughout our company history, and our Java evangelists have been responsible for delivering some of the largest Government systems as well as business-critical solutions to various sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open-source components and databases.
Version 1 utilises best of breed Java toolsets focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB and Hadoop, high-performance data grids like HazelCast to multi-node relational systems.
Developers will be responsible for the delivery of projects in an Agile way according to Functional and None Functional Requirements Specifications. You will be involved in technical leadership within a team to co-ordinate and deliver scalable, secure solutions in line with good industry software engineering practices (code quality, CI/CD, OWASP, TDD, SOLID, DRY etc).
You will take technical ownership for a product or software components, covering design, estimation, shaping and functional/non-functional requirements. This will involved design, developing and maintaining cloud-based software applications using Java and associated frameworks (e.g., Spring, Groovy, Jersey, JUnit, Guava, Hibernate etc).
- Design, develop and maintain cloud-based software applications using Java and associated frameworks (e.g., Spring, Groovy, Jersey, JUnit, Guava, Hibernate etc).
- Experience in developing RESTful microservice architectures.
- Experience in developing on Public Cloud such as AWS or Azure
- Experience in delivering software using Agile.
- Collaborate and liaise with other Version 1 team members, customer stakeholders and end-users during the development lifecycle – e.g., PMs, BAs, Tester, Product, Platform etc
- Clearly communicate technical designs in conversation, documentation, and presentations to stakeholders of various technical abilities.
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to team members and customers.
- Manage, coach, and develop junior members of your team and wider community.
- Foster a positive working environment and facilitating team collaboration and communication.
- Experience of developing platforms with technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes & Terraform
- Experience developing in continuous integration and continuous delivery environment
- Extensive experience deploying applications on AWS
- Experience of technologies such as LDAP, oAuth, Messaging, SSO, BPM and Integration engines
Before you apply to our Senior Cloud Java Developer need here are some of the benefits. We offer profit share, pension, private medical, flexible working policy and more. We offer incentives for accreditations and educational assistance for courses relevant to your role.
We offer employee recognition in the form of Excellence Awards and V1Ps which is awarded by your peers. Engagement is incredibly important with local engagement teams driving our engagement events, remote party event and Christmas parties that are now online!