Academics is currently looking for experienced Cover Supervisors to work across the Hillingdon Borough, Uxbridge, Ruislip and Hayes area to start for a 2021 September start.
A cover supervisor works in schools providing support to current teaching teams by covering classes and ensuring students are working on tasks. This is a key role within secondary schools in the absence.
About the role As a Cover Supervisor, you'll be an experienced Teaching Assistant who supervises pupils carrying out pre-planned work when teaching staff are off work for a certain period (for example, sickness or paternity leave). The main job of a Cover Supervisor is to manage a classroom and behaviour while ensuring that pupils complete the work which has been set.
* Supervising the students and ensuring they complete set tasks
* Managing behaviour
* Experienced working with Key Stages 3, 4 and 5
* Assisting pupils when they have questions
* Following the school's behaviour and safeguarding policies
* Collecting the completed work and handing it to the Head of Department
* Providing feedback on the lesson and pupils
* Must have an undergraduate degree in a specific subject (e.g. Chemistry, Maths, PE, Business Studies, etc)
* Must have previous experience working as a Cover Supervisor in a school in the UK
Academics is a leading national academic jobs agency, specialising in the recruitment of permanent, long term and daily supply teacher jobs and education support staff for vacancies in Children's Nurseries, Primary Schools, Secondary Schools and Further Education establishments.
Our experienced team of local consultants have a combination of education and private sector knowledge that has established Academics' reputation as one of the country's leading and most professional agencies within education, academic and teacher recruitment.
Our dedication to 'Delivering Continuity in the Classroom' has promoted the development of strong partnerships with Berkshire schools.
Academics are an equal opportunities employer. The company is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to our stringent vetting procedures, which include an enhanced DBS, full work history, references and a face-to-face interview.