· To provide pragmatic HR advice, guidance and support to the business managers.
· To effectively manage ER caseloads in a proactive and commercial focused manner
· To build capability of the line managers through effective training and coaching in managing people
· Look at ways of adding value through MI reporting/development and training
· To build relationships with the wider Mitie HR community and key stakeholders internal and external
· To work alongside the business on TUPE, mobilisations and demobilisations
· To work alongside the business on large change programmes/restructuring Manage a broad and varied case load not limited to disciplinary, grievance, investigations, absence management, redundancy identifying high risks to the HRBP
· To ensure all cases are advised on and managed in line with the company policies and procedures in a timely manner
· Advise, coach and support the management teams to ensure HR best practice is developed and applied consistently to minimise risk and litigation and ensure compliance with legislation
· To be an instrumental part of all large-scale change programmes where restructuring is required
· To proactively keep Employment Law knowledge up to date as legislation changes
· Work as a trusted ER partner to the business supporting the delivery of the HR Plan, ensuring it is fully aligned to the Business, Divisional and Group HR Strategy
· Provide direction on all ER related matters, to the management teams
· Oversight of the rostering and payroll functions.
· Support any change initiatives in both a strategic and operational capacity, e.g. Reward and Recognition, restructuring and TUPE transfers.
· Improve and maintain MI ensuring data is accurate, systems and processes are in place to react to business needs
· Build and maintain effective relationships with other functions across and the business with other internal and external stakeholders, including equivalent Group functions
· Create and manage reporting to all stakeholders with regards to ER
· Promote relationships with key stakeholders and external parties (Trade Union, Clients)
· To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
· To maintain and promote relationships with the wider HR colleagues and teams
· Work effectively in an ever-changing environment and able to manage diverse case load
· Strategic and analytical thinker with focus on commercial solutions
· Ability to take an innovative approach to business needs
· Experience in leading and managing change in complex and fast moving environments
· Ability to influence and persuade at all levels of the business with diplomacy
· Ability to objectively assess risks and take appropriate action
· Strong negotiation and communication skills, both oral and written
· Flexible and adaptable to change
Health and Safety responsibilities
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder’s role and/or the needs of the business.
‘For all internal applicants, please note Terms and Conditions are non-transferable’