About the opportunity
At Jacobs, we are using our solutions in rail and track to create a more connected and sustainable world- environmentally and socially. Would you be intrigued to join our team of innovators?
As a vital member of our Transportation team, you’ll play a key role, supporting the winning and delivery of projects within the Rail Group.
You will bring your engineering knowledge and experience in the technical delivery of Rail projects to support the technical interface between our Projects and the engineering disciplines. Your direction, guidance and support will help our teams to achieve excellence and you’ll therefore play an important role in supporting our clients’ overall project goals.
You’ll be a key contributor to project delivery and at the same time you’ll utilise your technical expertise and passion to mentor other professionals, nurturing their purpose and guiding them.
Working together, we’ll help you grow and pursue what fulfills you so that we can make impacts on the future – big and small, global and local. We’ll provide you the means and tools to work on a wide variety of interesting and challenging projects to grow your career and help create a more sustainable future.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for ensuring that there is a clear understanding of the project remit, the scope is well-defined and that the budget for each activity to be carried out by each discipline. You will ensure that there is appropriate dialogue between the disciplines during the project life, and, where necessary, between the different offices involved in the project. #UKRAIL #railengineeringmanager
Here's What You'll Need:
• A relevant Engineering Degree
• Experience in multidiscipline design/design management.
• Knowledge of Rail and able to lead and guide others in implementation of Rail standards.
• Knowledge of Eurocodes and British Standards.
• Ability to undertake Engineering Manager and Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) role on Rail Projects.
• Ability to undertake Project Engineer role on NR and/or High-Speed Rail projects.
• Previous experience with NR Assurance Process and working on NR design projects.
• Understands NR and high-speed operational environment and constraints to development and vision to find solutions to operational constraints.
• Understands and previous experience with High Speed Rail engineering assurance processes.
• Rail System Engineering including; Requirements Specification and Management, Designing for robustness (Whole System Lifecycle), Safety by Design and System Integration and Verification.
• Chartered Engineer status is preferred
Bring your creativity, collaborative spirit and extreme attention to detail, and we’ll help you grow, pursue and fulfill what drives you – so we can deliver extraordinary solutions for a better tomorrow, together.