Global Practice Consultant/Solution Architect
AVEVA infuses industrial software with intelligence to empower people to shape a sustainable future. We work with our customers and harness the power of our ecosystem to deliver operational agility and empower human expertise. Our solutions advance engineering and operations with Performance Intelligence. From water and energy to food and infrastructure, we inspire insights that transform opportunity into sustainable business value. We combine unparalleled intelligence with collaborative innovation to enable people and industries to thrive.
There are 6,000 of our people at 90 locations in more than 40 countries who challenge themselves and each other to create and improve the trans-formative technology our customers need. With our help, industries across the world can make a positive difference to the lives of people everywhere.
We take pride in our core values and the diversity of our people, valuing the unique experience and expertise that people from different backgrounds bring to our business. At AVEVA, we’re all about Limitless possibilities. Are you?
The Global Practice Consultant/Solution Architect’s primary responsibility is to be the global practice lead for Monitoring and Control Business Unit to drive business for Unified Operations Center (UOC) and HMI SCADA/Edge Business. The lead should have product and solution implementation specialist, worked with channel+ ecosystem+ product management to deliver innovative and collaborative offer to our industrial customers. He has strong technical acumen to develop repeatability of the solution, best practices, automation of the software, cloud deployment and work with AVEVA's America’s Regional Delivery Group to deliver most advanced offering on Unified Operations Center or Supervisory Platform programs. He should have spent 10-15 years of experience in managing System Platform, Edge and Remote Ops Center Solution.
•Solutioning and Architecting of Solution using AVEVA operations software based on Unified Operations Center (System Platform/OMI), Edge and Cloud Software architecture, successful delivery of complete solutions which included IT-OT Convergence, Multiple systems integration, develop POC and enable breakthrough user experience. This a critical role which faces customer as SME, build domain/solution architecture, work with sales team and has good understanding of enterprise and operations software integration and development.
•The key goal is to provide technical leadership in multiple project work streams ( Software, Cloud, Security, Scalability, data management), defining the customer scenarios/use cases, designing and ‘hands-on’ implementation of business and technical solutions in MMM, O&G, Infrastructure space. This role will also be involved in supporting pre-sales and liaising with product development and support functions.
Skills & Qualifications
•Hands on experience of implementation of large-scale solutions within an operations space like Control Centers, IT-OT Integration Software, Network Ops Center, Remote Operations Center.
•Experience of AVEVA UOC, System Platform/OMI (or relevant) solution implementation is preferred.
• Hands on experience of more than 5+ years on programming using Microsoft Technologies like C#, .NET, MS SQL Server, WCF, OMI SDK, HISTORIAN SDK, REST API, Cloud deployment model.
• Hands on experience on solution prototyping, execution of PoC, automation of routine tasks and integration with 3rd party applications
• Good understanding on Networking, Hardware, PC virtualisation in terms of sizing of hardware, specification finalisation etc.
• Knowledge of Engineering Design software like AVEVA E3D, AVEVA Engineering, ISM, is plus
• Minimum of a first class Bachelor degree qualification in software, mechanical or electrical engineering or masters in computer science
• Minimum of 14+ years’ experience of solution architecture and design working in the Services organisation or System Integrators of Software providers operating in the Operations Management space.
• Must have substantial experience of the complete project life cycle for medium-scale solution delivery projects to include: scope, requirements, conceptualisation, design, build, test, training and roll-out
• operates effectively as a member of a dynamic team within a matrixed organization, often working across multiple countries and time zones
• flexible to travel within the region and potentially more widely to perform project delivery and consultancy tasks to support business goals
• can take up job of creation of Class Library or models and can define its structure and mapping techniques
• understands the concepts of agile development and practices and its importance to the industry (preferred but not mandatory)
• possesses excellent customer facing skills and written/spoken English language skills
• creates high quality, concise, clear documentation in support of Proposals and Projects
• demonstrates good presentation skills and is able to present proposals or solutions to customers at director level and above. Comfortable presenting to large audiences, such as user groups
• invests in own self-study related to industry, software modules and supporting technologies
Global Solution Architect - PracticesCambridge, null, gb
Category: Computer and Mathematical Occupations
Published on 2021-06-20 18:05:33
Global Practice Consultant/Solution Architect