This role is based out of our Rugby offices.
- Provide support interfacing with suppliers as required to resolve complex issues and agreeing solutions with Technical Design Authorities
- Delivery of the Core Technical Support remit.
- Liaise with Customers on all complex issues that cannot be resolved satisfactorily by 1st and 2nd line teams, taking ownership through to resolution whilst maintaining communication flow throughout
- Develop and discharge the Applications, Infrastructure and Spares Management related processes as well as participation within other processes such as Problem, Change, Incident, Release, and Availability Management.
- Ensuring the Core Network Infrastructure systems are security patched to the correct level required by our security accreditors.
- Ensuring the Core Network Infrastructure is performing within required capacity management parameters.
- Ensuring Core Network Infrastructure uptimes are within the business defined SLAs.
- Ensuring Core Network Infrastructure hardware is maintained.
- Support and undertake the installation of new or upgraded Core Network Infrastructure components, systems and services.
- Support and evolve Operational Acceptance criteria activities
- Support the User Acceptance Testing, User Trials and Service Commencement requirements
- Maintain Technical Support policies, processes and tools related to the Core Network Infrastructure
- Undertake initiatives to strengthen the Incident Analysts knowledge and capabilities
- Develop Continuous Improvement Plans, identify risks and undertake initiatives to improve performance quality, efficiency and customer satisfaction.
- Support the Core Technical Support Manager with Vendor and Supplier technical performance and management reviews
- Provide responses to operational escalations and complaints in an effective and professional manner.
- Act as an external ambassador, representing and promoting UK S&S Engineering to our customers and suppliers through all relevant contact
- Adhere to all relevant Airwave and MSI processes.
- Knowledge sharing, training and development within the team
- Identify risks to achieving performance Levels and initiate appropriate actions to mitigate
- First degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering, Communications Engineering, Telecommunications or related subject
- A genuine interest in IT, communications and emerging technologies and how they can be used to maximize an organisations potential to improve the customer experience
- Sound understanding of digital communications systems, particularly mobile / cellular radio networks
- The desire to understand why things have failed, how to repair them and how this process can be improved to enhance operational practice
- Desire to learn about the business, its evolution and future direction
- Desire to enhance Technical capabilities in order to progress own career
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to gain trust, build rapport and influence others
- A full clean UK driving license is desirable
- Able to demonstrate the key cultural principles of the Technical Support Office in terms of Collaboration with others, Achieving Service Targets and driving Continuous Improvement
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, keen for new experiences and responsibilities with a clear focus on high quality and operational efficiency.
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and is proactive and self-driven in achieving goals and objectives.
- Mature, credible, a team player and comfortable in dealing with key stakeholders of the role i.e. Reliable, tolerant, approachable and determined.
- Empathetic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Well-presented and business-like. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel up to a few days a month within the UK.
- The individual must be comfortable with cultural transformation.
- A natural problem solver and logical thinker.
‘We are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.’
CONNECT WITH A CAREER THAT MATTERS
We’re dedicated to designing and delivering the mission-critical ecosystem our public safety & enterprise customers refer to as their
lifeline – mission-critical communications, software, video and services. Our drive for continuous innovation and partnership with our customers enables them to be ready – in the day-to-day moments, and in the moments that matter most.