An exciting new opportunity for a Graduate Embedded Software Engineer with around two years' work experience to join a highly innovative embedded technology development company.
The company are market leaders in their field. Their ground-breaking safety-critical motion control systems incorporate a wide range of sensors, complex 3D geometry algorithms, vehicle networking and communication, and machine control.
In this entry-level role the Graduate Embedded Software Engineer will be involved in every aspect of software development. You will be working with the latest in Agile development methodologies, whilst working in a rigorous high-integrity environment.
There is strong potential for the right candidate to grow and develop with the software team. As part of your development you will be given first-class support, mentoring and ongoing training in the role.
The company is based in Hampshire, but this role has an option to work remotely (Working From Home / WFH) anywhere in the UK both now and after Covid-19.
Responsibilities of Graduate / Junior Embedded Software Engineer - work from home
* Responsible for design and development of software (real time embedded and PC based applications) and control systems to meet the product requirements
* Conduct root-cause investigations, data processing and analysis of results from simulations and testing
* Contribute to controller architecture and algorithm design reviews
* Communicate findings to engineers from different domains with varying experience levels
* Ensure maintenance of software documentation and processes
Qualifications & Experience for Graduate Embedded Software Engineer - Work from home
Essential skills and experience
* BEng / MEng degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical or Control Systems Engineering
* Software development experience, either through University projects, home projects or work experience
* An interest in problem solving
* Object-Oriented software design skills
* Experience with Embedded C or C++ are desirable
* Interest in working in a safety critical environment
* Strong collaboration and communication skills
* Excellent organisational and time management skills
* Energetic, self-motivated team player who wants to learn and develop
Location: Home based/remote working/WFH anywhere in the UK with occasional travel to the Hampshire office.
Salary: £30k - £40k + Bens