The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance on our clients' technology risks and controls. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age.
We are expanding our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls due to the ever-increasing challenges that clients are faced with. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, supporting teams across the 1st, 2nd and 3rd lines of defence. One area of growth is Risk Assurance and specifically the opportunity to provide support to our clients in relation to their IT General Controls e.g. SOx)
KPMG are growing their FS Emerging Technology Risk team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience. We are looking for an individual that has a passion for technology and has experience of working in or assessing cloud environments to help be part of a dynamic and growing team.
Job Description: Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
• Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
• Deliver technology risk consulting projects in Financial Services leading teams and working independently providing client-side advice
• Deliver technology risk control testing and transformation projects, providing support on advice to first and second lines of defence on operating models, frameworks, taxonomy, risk and control services
• Deliver client services on IT control testing, cloud technology and other technology risk related projects.
• Take responsibility for client liaison and relationship
• Take responsibility for delivering projects and engagements.
• Quality assure testing undertaken offshore or by junior members of staff
• Identify revenue-generating opportunities and support business development activities such as proposal writing, pitch presentations
• Develop relationships with FS clients (CIO, Head of Technology Risk, CRO, Head of Information Security, COO)
• A collaborative team player who can bring others with them.
• A self-starter with a can does attitude.
• Someone who is looking for an exciting and dynamic challenge, with an appetite and ambition to progress.
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Seeks to understand other motivations
• Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
• Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
Qualifications and Skills
• Proven experience of successfully delivering large IT risk and control projects or audit engagements either within a Big 4 firm or a large Financial Services Institution
• Recognised accounting / auditing (eg CISA) / risk qualification
• Experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment especially in relation to 404.
• Knowledge and experience of the cloud would be ideal, but not essential.
• Degree/masters qualification in IT
Experience and Background
• Experience of managing IT Risk and Control projects or audits in the FS sector with experience of working in teams
• Experience of managing business and IT stakeholders from across the business and all levels of seniority
• Ability to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Strong understanding of FS sector – business processes / products / keys risks
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Good knowledge of different operating systems, databases, networking, security concepts and technologies from an IT risk and controls perspective
• Ability to play an active role in the business development process
• Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Demonstrate professional scepticism - proven track record of compliance with quality standards and an ability to balance an efficient and compliant audit
• An aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technology
• Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and manage well under pressure