FAR Government, Inc. (FARGOV) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, economically disadvantaged woman-owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior-quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve and protect the American people.
Based at: RAF Mildenhall UK
Job Summary: FAR Government is looking for a part-time IT support contractor who will be able to Provide hardware and software system administration on all government computers, satellite receivers, switches, routers, printers, scanners, commercial broadband, Smartboards, projectors and other peripherals critical to proper function of base education center technology systems.
Requirements: The Candidate must meet the following requirements.’
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in both hardware and software application support for small computers and servers.
- Must have any of the following certifications :
- CCNA Security
- Security+ CE
- CASP+ CE
- CISSP (or Associate - this means the individual has qualified for the certification except for the number of years’ experience)
Duties: the candidate will do the following tasks:
- Install any new systems (software/hardware) as required by the ETS Chief or authorized designee.
- Set up new computers and other information systems in a timely manner to support gradual improvement of the ESC facility.
- Establish procedures for safeguarding all critical data. Design back-up methodology to guarantee uninterrupted Education Service Center services to customers.
- Assist office personnel in resolution of computer-related problems within two (2) working days of request.
- Assist Education Center Testing facility with resolution of computer/system related issues on same day of request when feasible to ensure scheduled testing sessions are not interrupted.
- Provide for proper information security on all systems. Educate personnel on proper security procedures to protect sensitive data and records.
- Develop tracking system (including all required documentation) to monitor all information systems. Establish diagram of facility with associated database to track fixes and implementation of information systems.
- Assist with maintenance of education center web page. Update links, build pages, link appropriate documents and databases, manage layout and meet any other requirements specified by the ETS Chief or authorized designee to ensure quality of web page and that it integrates with the Air Force Virtual Education Center web site.
- Perform any other critical system support as requested by the ETS Chief or authorized designee for successful operation of the Education Center technology.
Why FAR Government?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
FAR Government is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Powered by JazzHR