Lead Compiler Engineer
Come work with us
Join us to help shape the future of game development!
Working with us you will help to bring the dreams of aspiring game developers into reality. Using state of the art technologies we have a passion for making games development accessible to the masses. We focus on breaking down the barriers to entry and allowing anyone to make high quality products that can be distributed to a wide variety of game stores.
Made by game developers, for game developers.
- Manage the Compiler development team
- Recruit and Grow the Compiler development team.
- Contribute to the overall design
- Responsible for the scheduling and planning of products in cooperation with production.
- Implementing new features and extensions.
- Testing, debugging and support.
- Providing peer coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers.
- Planning, Designing, Overseeing and Coordinating the development of new features
- Compiler Development Experience
- LLVM experience preferred
- A solid track record of delivery
- Previous experience working with tools that are in development.
- The ability to understand and debug other programmers' code.
- Strong programming, maths and problem solving skills.
We will review applications on a rolling basis, apply now!
YoYo Games joined the Opera family in January 2021. We believe in an open, relaxed and fun environment where creativity and talent thrive and is encouraged every day. From our humble beginnings, we have always ensured that GameMaker was built and developed with usability and efficiency in mind – and that's no different today. A single code base and a low barrier to entry coupled with a very high skill ceiling mean we accommodate all levels of user, from the hobbyists to the seasoned developers. We then allow all games to run natively across a multitude of platforms including PS4, Xbox One, Android, iOS, OS X, HTML5, Linux, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Windows RT.
Opera is a Norwegian company founded in 1995 publicly listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange.