Job Number 21036314
Job Category Spa
Location London Marriott Hotel County Hall, The County Hall, London, London, United Kingdom VIEW ON MAP
Brand Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.
Massage Therapist (part time)
Leisure Club Manager
This job description sets out the current duties of the job role that may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the job role or the level of responsibility entailed.
To provide a range of professional beauty treatments, for members, hotel guests and visitors, and to ensure the smooth running of the Spa and achieve total guest satisfaction.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A part time and fixed term position based at the London Marriott Hotel County Hall.
- English language
- Presentable, friendly, articulate
- Conscientious, meticulous.
- Self motivated
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible & able to work shifts, weekends and bank holidays as required
- Worked in a previous Spa environment
- Knowledge of the Spa industry
- Time Management
- Excellent Telephone Manner.
- Excellent Customer care skills
- Calm & Patient.
- Excellent interpersonal Skills.
- Eager to progress and succeed.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Education or Certification
- For massage treatment, recognised qualifications (CIDESCO, BABTAC , ITEC, NVQ, BTEC, International Massage diploma, VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Spa Therapy Studies)
- Qualified in Alternative Therapies
- Educated to 'O' Level /GCSE standard or equivalent
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 Beauty Qualification or equivalent
- Decleor trained –desirable or relevant training for product line used
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:
- To administer beauty treatments for clients in a professional, friendly manner.
- To greet and converse with clients, to ensure that clients are at ease.
- To ensure that administration of beauty treatments adequately fulfill needs of hotel and client.
- To maximize opportunities for retail sales contributing to department profitability.
- To initiate and participate in new treatment ranges to increase departmental profitability.
- To attend all training and meetings as required.
- To be fully competent in all the tasks listed on the Health & Beauty Task List.
- To carry out all other ad hoc tasks as required by Spa Manager
Safety and Security
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
Guest Scheduling and Check-In
- Answer questions about services available in the spa to assist individuals in selecting a service.
Provide Spa Services
- Monitor and stick to time schedule to stay on schedule throughout the day.
- Assess guest needs and inquire about contraindications (e.g., allergies, high blood pressure, and pregnancy) before beginning service.
- Arrange workstation, treatment room to ensure guest comfort and safety.
- Check with guest to ensure continued comfort throughout service (e.g., comfortable temperature, amount of pressure).
- Handle inappropriate guest behavior by stopping service and informing supervisor/manager.
- Confirm guests first and last name and type of treatment scheduled prior to beginning treatment.
- Escort guests to and from treatment rooms.
- Provide massage services to guests using props (e.g., rain sticks, hot stones, pregnancy cushions) and/or products (e.g., oils, gels, lotions).
- Offer guests amenities such as water, juice, or herbal teas.
- Promote and sell spa services.
- Check diary for updates and changes to schedule regularly throughout the day.
- Determine if condition of guest's skin, hair, or nails prevents being able to complete a service and suggest an alternate service if necessary.
- Demonstrate, promote, and sell spa retail products.
Maintain Spa Environment
- Set up workstation and/or treatment room with necessary products, equipment, and supplies.
- Clean, maintain, and sterilize tools (e.g. nail implements, hot stones) and equipment (e.g., wax pots, steamers).
- Maintain cleanliness of workstation and/or treatment room throughout shift.
- Dispose of rubbish and dirty linens in the proper area.
- Secure supplies and equipment at the end of each shift.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned by management.
- Complies with Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 39 hours per week.
All Marriott International Training Schemes
Product knowledge training on all Spa products used
E-Training – Certificate level (Marriott)
Opportunity for career development
All Associates are provided with a Marriott Uniform including; Trousers/Skirt, Shirt/Blouse, Waistcoats and Jackets (Where Necessary).
All associates are expected to wear the correct uniform, and their name badge at all times. You are required to maintain high standards of personal hygiene, ensuring that you are always clean and well turned out during your working hours. In the eyes of the guest, you represent Marriott.
To be based mainly within the Housekeeping area, but to remain mobile around the whole of the hotel
All Associates are entitled to a free meal on duty, in the associate canteen; Annual holiday pay; Changing Facilities; Uniform Dry Cleaning Facilities; A Marriott Worldwide Discount Card (after completion of the Marriott 90 days training scheme); Company Pension Scheme, after six months of service.