- Are you a knowledgeable and enthusiastic History teacher looking for your first position after Teacher Training?
- Are you able to teach History up to GCSE Level?
A large secondary school in Darlington is seeking a highly motivated, Newly Qualified, History teacher to join their teaching staff on an initial temporary basis however with the outlook that it will go permanent. Requirements for this position are as follows:
- A proven track record in the delivery of high quality lessons up to KS4.
- A passion for improving student attainment within the subject.
- Able to start full-time in September and committ for the full academic year (potential permanent contract in July 2022)
Key highlights of this position are as follows:
- Setting realistic learning objectives for students.
- Applying relevant behaviour management techniques when necessary.
- Ensuring students are suitably challenged based on individual needs.
- Working closely with those with SEN, and working in partnership with relevant support staff.
- Ensuring students are aware of expectations related to specific exam board.
- Setting tasks that maintain student engagement, both in class and with regards to homework.
- Located on the outskirts of Darlington
- Public transport links close by so easy commute to and from the school if you don't drive
With the ongoing pandemic still causing disruption to learning, the school is seeking ideally a teacher who lives locally.
If you are interested in this post, please submit your up-to-date CV using the links provided.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.