Key role responsibilities:
* Work within a Scrum Team to deliver agreed functionality fit for release throughout each sprint cycle.
* Actively participate in scrum events and workshops, including sprint planning and retrospectives.
* Work alongside other Engineers and Heads of Product Development to contribute
Architecture and Engineering culture.
* Work within a BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) approach to ensure solutions are robust and technically fit for purpose.
* Bringing in innovative ideas on technology and process to improve the product and delivery.
The Successful Applicant
* Experience of working within a team following Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum).
* Preferably experience using Node frameworks such as Express.
* An understanding of design patterns, asynchronous programming, queuing, and caching.
* A working knowledge of some or all the following frontend technologies: HTML, CSS, React and
Webpack or similar.
* A working knowledge of some or all the following backend technologies: web and event based microservices, Node, RabbitMQ.
* Familiarity with some SQL or NoSQL systems such as MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB or Elasticsearch / Solr desirable.
* Working with containerised microservices using technologies like Docker for local development and Kubernetes for scaling services in our live environment.
What's on Offer
In return, you will be offered a superb financial package, complete flexibility and awesome, technically challenging projects to work on.
CVs under review now!