As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together , let's transform the way the world pays.
Job Description and Responsibilities
The Corporate and Reputational Risk team ensures Visa Europe has the right processes & methods in place to manage its different enterprise and reputational risks.
The Three Lines of Defense (3LoD) model adopted by Visa drives accountability for managing risk within the business while having a specialized Second Line of Defence (SLOD) risk management function that provides independent risk oversight. As a SLOD function the Corporate Risk team oversees Visa’s risk profile, provides challenge to the First Line business functions who are responsible to manage Visa’s risks, and supports oversight by Visa’s senior management, the board and the regulators.
The Operational Risk and Controls Monitoring team helps to identify, assess and prepare for any operational, compliance and data privacy risks that may interfere with Visa’s objectives and operations.
The role is accountable performing and/or supporting various operational risk programs including controls monitoring, risk control self-assessments (RCSAs) and managing VEL’s Risk Register.
What we expect of you, day to day:
• Perform the SLOD oversight through independent risk assessments and controls monitoring across Europe.
• Develop and implement risk-based monitoring and compliance plans with robust reporting and tracking.
• Support and provide oversight on the execution of the Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) program across key functions. Assess and collate RCSA results, review findings and reporting feedback to senior management.
• Engage and support the VEL businesses and functions (the FLOD) to manage risks and controls in place; Provide constructive challenge to ensure First Line of Defence (FLOD) risk management and controls monitoring is effectively embedded.
• Support FLOD in the monitoring, management and enhancement of controls; This includes setting standards, driving management oversight and testing of controls by the FLOD.
• Lead and provide constructive challenge to the VEL businesses and functions to ensure First Line of Defence (FLOD) risk management is effectively embedded.
• Establish and produce management reporting related to controls monitoring (e.g. Risk Register reporting).
• Support VEL’s partnership with the Global Center of Excellence on operational risk and controls monitoring
• Produce management reporting related to operational risk management and controls monitoring (e.g. Risk Register reporting).
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Management Information Systems or Privacy/Data Protection related subject or equivalent professional experience.
• Professional experience within Privacy, Risk, Compliance and/or Audit experience preferred
• Experience of performing control testing and risk assessments
• Positive attitude, high level of integrity and intellectual curiosity
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along • Strong risk and controls mindset • Proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
• Fluent in English, strong communications, interpersonal and presentation skills
• Cyber or privacy qualifications (e.g., CIPP, DMR CIPM, CIPT, CISSP) would be an advantage
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail; comfortable in challenging the status quo, and undertaking analysis to better understand business issues and to propose solutions
• A trusted adviser who:
o Provides effective constructive and business-aware challenge
o Consults, as appropriate, on key risk management initiatives
o Is regarded as an expert in their field and an agent for change
• Proven ability to collaborate and influence successfully within a matrix organization. • Intellectual rigour and business acumen needed to make sound judgements and handle complex situations and information • A strong team player with the ability to organise and mobilise colleagues, and build and maintain effective partnerships across the organisation • A questioning mind that proactively looks for pragmatic and innovative approaches to issues
• A results-orientated and highly-motivated person who functions well in a global, matrix organisation
• Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal skills, including influencing and stakeholder management
• Takes full ownership of assigned responsibilities, and driven to go beyond the minimum requirements; not a “check-the-box” mentality
• The ability to coach and give effective development feedback to colleagues
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.