Would you welcome the opportunity to work with a team of talented specialists within a highly successful award-winning firm with offices world-wide?
Our client, an international multidisciplinary consultancy are looking to grow the team in their London office and appoint a Principal Bridge Engineer to join their bridges team on a full-time permanent basis to assist with their expanding workload.
The successful Principal Bridge Engineer will oversee a full range of services, from sketch schemes to construction issue. There is no doubt this role will offer great opportunity for rapid development.
Projects: notably bridges, geotechnical, highways, ports and maritime, rail systems and tunnels.
Key responsibilities:* Undertake, lead, manage and deliver assignments in the UK and overseas,
* Provide, assist and support the development and maintenance of a high level of technical capability to deliver the services,
* Deliver innovative engineering solutions and report results to line managers and clients,
* Undertake structural design and analysis using high-end analysis and design software across a broad range of bridge structural types, including long span bridges and using various international standards,
Requirements:* Must be degree qualified in Structural or Civil Engineering,
* Must be a Chartered Engineer [C.Eng, MICE, IStructE] through a recognised institution,
* A minimum of 10 years' experience,
* Significant Bridge Engineering experience on large, complex projects,
* Extensive knowledge of Eurocodes, AASHTO and other national and international industry standards, contracts, methodologies, procedures and best practice.
* Able to develop a cost-effective solution to the design of bridge structures, including build ability and alternative
construction methods,* Proficient in the use of bridge design software packages and able to understand the operation of management systems for quality, financial and project controls.
* Knowledge and experience in structural analysis/finite element software e.g. LUSAS, MasterFrame, RM Bridge, SAM (Autodesk Structural Bridge Design),
* A willingness to travel is essential.
This is a great opportunity for an ambitious engineer to join an award-winning multidisciplinary consultancy with multiple offices throughout the UK & internationally.
The successful Principal Bridge Engineer will receive a competitive salary, generous benefits package and excellent scope for progression. A flexible approach to travel is essential as part of this role.