Are you a telecom leader who has led successful end to end Telecom initiatives with Tier 1 operators and passionate about Telco Edge and Edge computing? Are you looking for an exciting and fast-paced career working with both business and technology executives to leverage the cloud to accelerate the benefits from 5G Edge Cloud?
At AWS, we’re searching for a Principal Solution Architect to join the AWS Telecom team. This Principal Solution Architect will engage with AWS ISVs, System Integrators, Developers and Telecom Operators around the globe and provide deep business and technical expertise to help customer and partners design, architect, and implement transformational Edge use cases and solutions.
You will be as comfortable white-boarding complex software architectures with a room full of engineers as are briefing an executive audience. You will author white-papers and reference architectures that will be leveraged by the global Solution Architect (SA) community within AWS. You will deliver technical webinars, speak at public events and file patents for what could potentially be a future AWS product or feature. You will be working hand in glove with the developers to build such solutions.
We are seeking outcome driven and customer obsessed professionals with a balance of deep technical skills, business expertise, who are passionate about:
· Promoting customer centricity and ensuring focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage
· Driving innovation across the industries and help customers and partners architect edge solutions.
· Collaborating across AWS teams to drive and shape solutions that accelerate customer’s business outcomes
As the right candidate, you will have experience in the following areas:
· Ability to fluently communicate at C-level with clients, stakeholders, boardrooms, and peers becoming the “trusted advisor”
· Developing repeatable products and offerings
· Leading and working in cross-functional teams to evaluate, provide insight and drive strategic outcomes that have the greatest impact on the enterprise
· Experience working with complex global organizations with proven effectiveness spanning multiple business units
· Proven ability to translate broad next generation strategies into clear, specific business deliverables and solutions
Up to 50% travel may be necessary.
· In-depth knowledge in wireless, wireline, and cable networks.
· Understanding of telecom monetization use cases and edge networks (private and public)
· 15+ years of working in telecommunications
· 10+ year of working with complex system integration projects
· 5+ years of working with AI, ML and IoT technologies.
· In depth knowledge of mobile edge technology (5G, NFV..)
· Understanding of multi-access edge computing (MEC)
· Knowledge of AWS Global network and regions
· Advanced degrees in engineering, computer science, business, or relevant fields of study
· Industry domain thought leader as evidenced through patents, product development, published works in relevant industry media, or speaking in industry conferences
· AWS technical certifications
· Enterprise Architecture certifications- TOGAF, Zachman, Open CA, or similar certification
· Knowledge of latency sensitive edge applictions (media, gaming, HCLS, automated vehicle control)
· Ability to drive customer use cases, based on the benefits of MEC vs regional cloud
· Understaning of RF properites of 5G networks, especially in regards to latency/bandwidth
· Indepth understanding of distributed computing architecture and to architect geographically scalable Solution.
· Designing and/or Deploying Micro-services based architecture and to segment latency and non-latency application
· Articulating the benefit of Edge computing architectures to developers and Stake holders.
· Deep Dive into customers application architecture and work backwards to find the right fit for edge computing solution
· Colloborate with ISV’s , Consulting Partners and Telco’s to create reference architecture for new edge computing applications.
In this role, you will be responsible for the technical management and enablement of AWS ISV and SI Partners and will own the technical strategy and execution plan for how those partners will develop Edge use cases and solutions.
As the right candidate, you are a leader who draws upon your experience with emerging technologies, startup operations, joint technical business planning, identification, oversight and development of new solutions and applications, and working in both a direct and matrix operating structure.
You will need to collaborate effectively with internal stakeholders, development teams, delivery and implementation subject matter expert teams, be results driven, and have proven experience in developing a network of partners with deep Edge capabilities and high-delivery quality. You will be responsible for earning the trust of the partner’s technical leaders, guiding the partner’s growth, transformation of their technology practices on the AWS Platform, and the creation of packaged offerings along with partner resources. You should be comfortable in managing a broad portfolio of partners from early stage startups, , traditional large system integrators, value added resellers, and specialist providers.
In addition to technical knowledge, it is important to have a solid understanding of the Telecom industry and ancilliary market segments. You will need to be adept at interacting, communicating and collaborating with other departments within AWS such as our Services Teams, Marketing, Business Development and the broader Solutions Architecture Organization, as well as representing your team to executive management.