Join us, make a difference
Circa £45,000 pa dependent on skills and experience
18 – 24 month contract
Anglian Water offers a flexible approach, this role offers you the flexibility to work from home and from an Anglian Water office. Your base location will be Lancaster House, Huntingdon.
Make every drop of your career count! Join our team!
Anglian Water are seeking to appoint a Project Manager. Our project managers are at the centre of a major transformation programme to deliver change and IT solutions that make our people more effective, flexible and responsive.
Working as part of a wider programme team you will support the delivery of strategic objectives through the development and delivery of projects and initiatives to agreed time, cost and quality, fully aligned to the programme and wider business strategy. You will define project communication and ensure consistent messages with other projects and stakeholders. Ensuring end to end planning, organisation and delivery of project objectives and outputs whilst effectively managing and controlling finances, risks, dependencies, and delivery planning.
What does it take to be a Project Manager?
The post requires strong influencing skills and the ability to bring together project sponsors senior managers, expert advisers, internal staff, contractors and end users to form an effective team focussed on delivery of the projects, reporting to the programme manager.
You will support the delivery of strategic change objectives through the delivery of business projects to agreed time, cost and quality criteria. You will ensure effective management and control of risk, dependencies and delivery planning and ensure rigorous financial and scope management processes are applied across all workstreams and/or deliverables that fall within the projects defined responsibilities.
• Drive project delivery with stakeholders and action owners, identify challenges and work to identify solutions to mitigate impact
• Implement and monitor delivery against approved plans
• Identify, create and implement approved exception plans
• Delivery of financial and non-financial benefits identified in the business case
• Co-ordinate and manage members of the project team, review and update, as necessary
• Ensure project risks and issues are identified, managed & mitigation plans are in place
• Ensure robust financial management of project budgets
• Ensure a continuous improvement approach to the business process and continually look for ways to improve service, streamlining processes where possible.
Why Anglian Water?
Anglian Water is not your typical water company. What we do really matters. Water is the lifeblood of our world and we’re proud of the difference we make. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly love what we do! If you care about excellent customer service, your career and the environment, then we want to hear from you. As a valued employee, you’ll be entitled to:
• Personal private health care
• 26 days annual leave – rising with length of service.
• Flexible working
• Competitive pension scheme – Anglian Water double-matches your contributions up to 6%
• Bonus scheme
• Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.