From store visits to delivering workshops, you will design and deliver a variety of different training courses across our Stores throughout the South East and South Coast regions.
In the world that we live in now our training courses are delivered both face to face and virtually so you need to be flexible and willing to travel to different stores across the region as well as have the ability and confidence to deliver training courses in the virtual world too.
As a Regional Learning and Development Facilitator you will also get involved in helping to shape and improve future learning to benefit the development of our teams so we are looking for someone who is confident in sharing ideas and has a creative mind to develop this further.
If you have a background in training and developing people, you are a confident communicator presenting both virtually and in front of people and you have a desire to stretch and see teams around you flourish then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that this is a 12 month FTC and will require travel not only across the South Coast and South East Areas, but at times throughout the London Region.
About the Role:
- Supports local and regional learning interventions.
- Provides support and guidance for new store openings from staff Induction, product knowledge to supporting and training the management team.
- Creates training programmes for new managers that benefit the development of the individual and meet business objectives. (When appropriate e.g. external appointments, new store openings).
- Works collaboratively with the team and retail stakeholders and is the face and voice of L&D.
- Attends Area Meetings when required (either F2F or virtually).
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of the business including specific regional challenges.
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of the communication systems used at Next and makes use of this to share information in a concise , timely and engaging manner
- Demonstrates credibility as a confident facilitator. Is able to communicate effectively and adapt own style to a wide range of audiences
- Delivers consistent learning experiences across the Region for both operational and management training. Sharing own knowledge and experiences when appropriate, to bring the subject to life.
- Creates a professional learning environment. Plans, prepares and administers interventions properly.
- Takes responsibility for their continued professional development and uses this to improve the learning experience for managers (where appropriate).
- Consistently asks for feedback from learners and is confident in giving feedback.
- Takes responsibility for the development and delivery of specific operational training interventions keeping them relevant and up to date.
- Works commercially on projects, using a broad and objective knowledge of the business to deliver the most effective intervention which contributes to business growth.
- Supports the Regional Lead / Manager to evaluate interventions effectively, measuring return on investment and return on expectation.
- Works with the talent and management development team to pilot new interventions and provide feedback.
- Supports with the administration of projects during busy periods e.g. course, room and travel bookings, packing and distribution of resources, answering store calls when in Head Office.
- Proactive in booking own travel and accommodation ensuring they are in line with Company policy and getting the best for the department.
- Experience of working in a fast paced Retail / Customer focused environment.
- Passionate about learning for colleagues and self
- Is able to build relationships easily and adapt their style to different levels e.g. staff through to store / area manager.
- Good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
- Has good planning and organisational skills and is able to work under pressure and manage volume.
- Experience of delivering training and the facilitation of learning.
- Project Management experience.
- CIPD qualified.
- Coaching qualification.
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery