Risk Manager - OperationsLondon, England, gb
Company: Metro Bank
Category: Management Occupations
Published on 2021-07-29 18:04:34
As a COO Risk Manager, you will support the COO Lead Risk Managers in leading the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the management of non-financial risks across Operations. You will be responsible for the review, implementation and ongoing compliance with the Bank’s risk management framework. You will support policies and minimum standards across all our Operations teams. The COO Risk team protects our colleagues and customers through supporting our colleagues across Operations to identify, manage and monitor their non-financial risks and controls.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will be working remotely during the pandemic.
So what would you be doing?...
• Leading a team of Risk and Control Specialists responsible for guiding, supporting and challenging our colleagues in the front line and within Operations
• Facilitating delivery of core risk and control processes across Operations
• Working with Operations to review and update risk and control assessments in line with risk management framework and agreed COO RCSA plan
• Overseeing risk events and incidents - making sure timely capture, escalation, management & reporting
• Making sure that issues are effectively identified, assessed and managed in line with risk appetite and monitoring completion of risk management action plans
• Supporting with the development and execution of a control assurance testing approach and annual plan for Operations
• Monitoring and reporting of Operations performance against agreed risk appetite
• Developing and producing risk MI for senior stakeholders across the business
• Leading the ongoing oversight of one of Operations top non-financial risks and providing regular insight, monitoring and reporting
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience of working as a Risk Manager in a first or second line with knowledge of core risk tools and processes
• You will have great knowledge and understanding of risk management framework
• We need you to have an amazing understanding of banking, operations and/or the regulatory environment
• In order to be fantastic in this role, you need to have knowledge of operational, financial crime, conduct and compliance risks
• People management skills are essential
• We would love if you had any experience within the lending space
• You will have great communication skills - you need to be confident at presenting and reporting on key risks and issues to Risk forums and senior audiences
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!