As our KS3+4 English Teacher; your role will be to provide high quality, challenging and differentiated educational activities and experiences through the teaching of a broad and balanced curriculum to enable our pupils to achieve their full potential in all areas of learning.
To facilitate this, you’ll plan and deliver lessons according to DFE guidance and the school’s policies and be responsible for the day to day running of the class and other relevant aspects of the running of the school.
You’ll supervise and provide support and guidance to our Teaching Assistants and Higher Level Teaching Assistants and play a key role in their Professional Development Reviews.
Naturally, you will take responsibility for implementing school policies and practices, including those relating to safeguarding and equality of opportunity.
Additionally; you will also be expected to carefully monitoring the health, well-being and personal care of our pupils; informing care/medical/behavioural support teams and any other relevant professionals of any concerns.
- Qualified Teacher status (QTLS or QTS), PGCE or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training is essential.
- Experience of working in a special school environment and in particular with pupils with autism/SEMH.
- Understanding of the Safeguarding principles and Child Protection procedures
- Experience of managing a range of approaches to behaviour, including managing behaviours that challenge
- Experience of successfully delivering a differentiated curriculum to pupils with a wide range of needs
What’s on offer?
- Full training and continued support
- Life assurance
- Teacher’s pension
- Health cash back plan
- Car lease scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Perk box
- Free parking
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.