Are you looking for a role supporting children with SEN?
Teaching Personnel are looking for Support Staff who have experience working with children who have physical disabilities and may require support to move around the school/classroom. You may come from a care background, have experience working in Special School settings, or have personal family based experience. Our ideal candidate will have a calm and patient approach and positive behaviour management skills. You must have a Moving and Handling qualification.
You will support children either on a 121 basis, or with small groups. You may be expected to deliver Nurture sessions or tailored interventions to support academic progress. You will work with the class teacher, SENDCo and parents to monitor and discuss progress. The child may require personal care and support through break and lunchtimes.
Teaching Personnel work with a number of Trusts across South Yorkshire, who we are supporting with their recruitment to short term and long term roles. Currently we have a variety of roles available for September, or as soon as possible after.
Daily Rate: £66.30 per day
September start- or as soon as possible after
Full or part time roles available
Duties may include, but will not be limited to;
- Experience working with children who have physical disabilities
- Moving and Handling qualification
- Some elements of personal care
- Working on a 121 basis, or with a small groups
- Delivering specialist interventions, such as Nurture sessions
- Using techniques to diffuse behaviour, such as Team Teach
- Have a calm and patient approach
- Support the class teacher with classroom management
- Work with the SENDCo and the class teacher to create a behaviour and progress plan
- Monitor and assess progress against progress goals
In return, Teaching Personnel can offer;
- A dedicated, specialist consultant working for you
- Support through every stage of the interview process
- Work that suits you - either full or part time work
- Access to your own online portal to access your diary
- £50 refer a friend scheme (terms and conditions apply)
To be considered for this role, please click to apply and forward your full CV and personal statement or send directly to james.emmottteachingpersonnel
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.