We're currently seeking a Milton Keynes -based Senior HR Officer to work within a high output diagnostics laboratory environment. This is a fulltime opportunity to start as soon as possible, initially for 8 weeks with view for extension and long-term prospects, paying £19 per hour plus holiday pay.
You will be assisting the HRBP with operational HR advice and administrative support, along with coaching and guiding the COVID laboratory management team. You will work in partnership across business areas as well as working collaboratively with the wider HR team to ensure a first-class HR service is delivered.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, lead and manage short- and long-term succession and development plans as part of the resourcing strategy
- Provide support and guidance to employees on all areas of employment
- Advise managers in the recruitment and selection processes and legislative requirements
- Coach and lead managers in the performance management process to ensure all staff have clear objectives and development plans
- Advise, guide and support managers on handling employee relations matters
- Support managers in employment hearing and appeals, providing senior advice and support and advising upon policy and procedural interpretation and organisational precedents
- Ensure employment offers and associated checks are carried out
- Data management
- Assist the HRBP with the preparation of statistical analysis and associated reports
- Contribute to the updating and deployment of HR policies and procedures and SOPs as requested by the HRBP
- Develop, coach and mentor the HR Administrator in internal HR processes and procedures
- Work as part of the HR Team, deputising for the HRBP as and when required
- Carry out any other duties as deemed appropriate to the role as requested by the Head of HR
- Experience of partnering with line managers to carry out operational people goals
- Extensive experience in a HR role
- CIPD qualified - desirable
This represents a once in a lifetime opportunity to go above and beyond to support public health, while also extending your already accomplished technical skills and positioning your career for further success and growth.
Please be aware this advert will remain open until the vacancy has been filled. Interviews will take place throughout this period, therefore we encourage you to apply early to avoid disappointment.
Tate is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.