We are currently seeking a Senior Analyst/Associate Director to work directly with the Global Head of Insight in our Global Insight Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of analysis, insight and thought leadership across all aspects of the real estate sector.
The Innovation and Insight team provide high quality analysis and advice on all aspects of the real estate market and its drivers. Our market commentaries and innovative topic pieces explore where change is occurring, helping us to inform our clients, raise Avison Young’s profile and drive industry debate.
Working with colleagues across the Innovation & Insight Team, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a program of thought leadership, research and analysis which will position Avison Young as expert commentators on all aspects of the global real estate. This position will leverage your interpersonal and technical skillsets along with your real estate expertise and knowledge to deliver data-driven market insights.
In this role, you will help develop and manage a wide variety of insight initiatives, collaborating with analysts around the world on qualitative and quantitative research projects addressing topical real estate and economic issues. You will be responsible for developing project ideas and driving the thought leadership agenda for real estate, economic and investment trends in global, regional and national markets. Outputs will be disseminated via publications and presentations and delivering market research, analysis and trends reporting at local and national level. The role will require regular interaction with clients and business stakeholders and supporting the development of a strong media presence. You will have regular contact with research colleagues worldwide to help shape and deliver the Global Thought leadership programme. You will also have responsibility for overseeing relevant data management activities supporting the global thought leadership programme.
The successful candidate will have a track record in producing thought leadership and analytical content examining key demographic, economic and social trends and their implications for real estate. The role encompasses all aspects of real estate but analysis of economic, capital markets and real estate investment trends will form a key component of the role.
The role will sit within Innovation and Insight but will work closely with other teams across the business, principally the relevant Consultancy, Agency & Investment teams. The successful candidate will need to gain a good understanding of our business and build relationships across key teams and clients.
Our culture is highly professional. We are looking to recruit an individual who enjoys responding to challenges, is excited by meeting tough targets and enjoys interacting with the wider business and clients.
Main Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The Global Analyst will help develop and implement projects and analysis at national and global levels to support the Avison Young business across the globe. They will be responsible for helping establish and communicate a house view on the economy and real estate performance including forecasts. They will contribute to the global thought leadership agenda via traditional publications, alternative forms of electronic media and presentations delivering market research, analysis and trends reporting at major market, national and global levels. The role will require regular interaction with clients and business stakeholders and will be looking to build a strong media presence. The individual will have regular contact with Insight colleagues worldwide to help shape and deliver relevant Global Thought leadership. They will also have responsibility for overseeing relevant data management activities and integrity
· Responsible for analysing and delivering insight and analysis on the trends impacting clients’ business and their real estate, focusing on the offices market and its key drivers
· Working closely with the Global Head of Insight, key stakeholders and other sector and business line specialists, develop and produce a programme of market analysis and thought leadership outputs that supports the wider business and its aims, at a local, national and global scale
· Working with relevant teams, develop an innate understanding and expert use of our proprietary digital data analytics tools for the benefit of our clients
· Develop a suite of outputs including commentary, analytics dashboards, pitch/proposal materials and presentation suites
· Identify and comment on key trends that contribute to the wider insight agenda that encourage collaboration across a number of sectors
· Oversee and drive analysis of related and appropriate managed data
· Work to align data gathering, process and outputs at a global level to create one cohesive voice
· Undertake strategic business development, consultancy and support new business opportunities as appropriate
· As appropriate to knowledge and experience/expertise, present at conferences, sit on panels, chair discussions, write articles, provide quotes in industry publications and generally contribute to raising the profile in the industry of Avison Young as a forward-thinking and innovative business
· Continue to build and promote the company’s voice on key real estate issues
· Pursue a programme of continued self-development through the use of selected reading, seminars and participation in continuing education
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
This role will require someone who has strong leadership skills, is innovative, confident, and adaptable. The successful candidate should possess: