• Be recognised as a subject matter expert by truly understanding the way that data and the cloud need to be used to ensure maximum value.
• Ensure delivery performance is achieved by utilising relevant architecture and making sure there is a consistent approach to technologies used.
• Be responsible for data integrity and implementing one true source for data together in conjunction with an AI enabled platform that enables easily deployable data assets.
• Support other teams in being able to deliver their objectives by enabling seamless access to data and Cloud capabilities.
• Shape, develop, transition and maintain data assets to be fully Cloud based, moving them to capitalise on the predicted outlook of the business in terms of data, technology and operations.
• Take ownership of DevOps and deployment of data & analytical solutions with support of the Data Management team.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
• A minimum of a Bachelors in a relevant field- Computer Science, Statistics, Physics, Mathematics or Engineering.
• At least 5 years of experience in a data related role.
• Be able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the business, understand their requirements and manage them effectively.
• Experience building, running and managing high performing data technology / engineering teams.
• Experience of data engineering on cloud platforms: GCP and AWS in particular.
• Proficient with common data engineering tools including Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Hadoop.
• Experience in developing and scaling data technologies across big data, Cloud data processing and data stores, operational and analytics databases.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.