We are a global leader in infrastructure, government and consulting public sector, with a long track record of working in Scotland across the devolved administration, local government, policing, healthcare and higher education. We are investing in growing our team to meet growing demand and to have a stronger local presence.
Our goal is to help our clients and deliver meaningful change. We aim to be the transformation partner of choice to public bodies in Scotland, drawing on our local team and the wider UK and Global Networks. We help our clients rethink public services for the digital age. We go from design all the way into delivery in integrating public services. We support building capacity, skills and creating the infrastructure needed to fuel economic growth.
Our team in Scotland is a key part of our UK IGH consulting team. Our team builds long term relationships with our clients in Scotland and in particular focussed on organisation change, digital transformation and system redesign.
We are a small team with a whole country to serve, and have ambitious targets for our growth. We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for public services and delivering meaningful outcomes in society.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
You will be a Senior Manager within the Consulting IGH team helping both grow our business and ensure our teams deliver high quality advice to clients. You should expect to be involved in a wide range of challenging engagements, ranging from large scale digital transformation, to helping design and implement new, integrated public services, to supporting the execution of high profile delivery programmes.
Our clients are under increasing pressure, from increasing demands on their services, strain on resources and the challenges that the pandemic has brought.
As a Senior Manager, we expect you to understand these issues and to be able to translate complex challenges into clear advice to our clients. We expect you to be confident in engaging senior public servants, including those within your own network, to understand their organisation issues and needs and to translate these into opportunities to support them. You will be a credible leader, able to both deliver consultancy projects for our clients, but also to mentor and coach members of our team.
Management and delivery of challenging, complex client engagements to ensure quality and value to our clients by:
• Understanding their business challenges and the threats they face
• Helping them navigate the increasingly complex public sector delivery environment
• Bringing expertise in operating model and digital transformation to apply to organisation challenges
• Bringing expertise in whole system redesign, from initial thinking to implementation, to be a credible advisor to clients and leader within our team
• Comfortable balancing a number of competing demands
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge, as well as managing the performance and development of other team members
• Upholding KPMG’s values by acting with integrity
• Building and managing multiple client relationships
• Project managing engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner to include: scoping / financial management (budgeting) / engagement and risk management / production and review of deliverables.
• Fee generation through actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal development and client presentations.
• Contributing to practice management, e.g. knowledge sharing, training, proposition development, and knowledge management.
Skills & Experience
We expect that you will have:
• Experience in public service transformation and/or programme management
• Experience of delivering one or more of the following areas: strategy, transformation, digital, service/system redesign
• Proven track record in public service transformation and/or programme management
• Proven experience of delivering one or more of the following areas: strategy, transformation, digital, service/system redesign
• Proven experience of successfully managing complex projects in a commercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high quality work on time and to budget.
• Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire drive and resilience in others.
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions
• Proven ability in taking appropriate action after monitoring/reviewing the progress and performance of others.
• Understanding of a wide range of public policy agendas
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
• Ability to develop excellent relationships both internally and with clients at a senior level.
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the public sector.
• Degree level qualified preferred
The role can be based in anyone of our major offices in the Scotland (Edinburgh or Glasgow) and will include travel; candidates must have a willingness to travel frequently, both domestically and internationally on occasions, with the potential to be away from home for set periods of time.