We are currently working in collaboration with a leading multi-national Civil Engineering company who have had some recent impressive multi-utility wins across the South East.
Due to continuous success, they are looking to strengthen the team with an experienced Senior Operations Manager to oversee several utility contracts in the South East.
Salary to £90k | Company Car or Allowance | Stakeholder Pension | Private Healthcare | 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
* Reporting to the Director; you will have ultimate responsibility for overseeing large utility projects with a combined value of £50M per annum including deep excavations and heavy civils work
* Managing a team of circa. 250 staff including Project Managers, Site Agents and back office support
* Monitor and maintain performance in relation to the company policies and procedures, in particular Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality
* Working alongside Project Planners, helping to ensure that projects are delivered within allocated time-frames. Ensuring that all variances are captured using both MS Project and Primavera P6
* Organising and managing internal resources; monitor performance of requirements for audits to be undertaken as per audit plan - managing any non-conformance and corrective actions
* Overseeing commercial aspects of projects including running a P&L
* Responsible for building and maintaining client relationships and holding regular meetings
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage a large team is ESSENTIAL!!
* Ideally be qualified in Civil Engineering with long term experience of managing Civil Engineering projects at a senior level
* Experienced in the use of Microsoft packages including MS Project and knowledge of Primavera P6
* Good commercial awareness with an understanding of NEC forms of contract
#civilengineering #utilities #excavation #deepexcavation #water #power #gas #drainage #management #operations #commercial #SHEQ #programme #health #safety #msproject #primavera #p6 #nec