Senior Service Chiller Technician / Engineer
Competitive Hourly Rate + Earning Potential + Service Vehicle + Benefits
What are we looking for?
Carrier’s Service Division are growing the team! We are now seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Service Chiller Technician / Engineer to install, service and repair large scale industrial Chiller equipment – in order to help provide a high class service to our customers in the London and surrounding regions.
What can we offer you?
- Highly Competitive Basic Salary (Negotiable DOE)
- Earning Potential (£50K+)
- Company Vehicle (Van / Estate Car)
- 25 Days Holiday (with the option to buy additional days) + Statutory Holidays
- Company Pension
- Fully funded study
- An experienced, dynamic and highly skilled leadership team
- Career progression – we love to build and nurture talent from within, therefore we’ll work with you to achieve your long-term career aspirations
- The opportunity to work on industry leading equipment and gain knowledge of a variety of controls on both small & large retail refrigeration pack experience.
The role objectives:
Maintaining and servicing customers’ chiller and refrigeration equipment, to a consistently high standard, whilst complying with all current EH&S Policy and other European & UK legislation.
Working unsupervised, you will respond to service calls in an effective and efficient manner, ensuring risk assessments are conducted and documented prior to all works to be carried out, and complete all work to an agreed high level.
Duties will include:
- Attending and participating in customer meetings, providing a technical solution – demonstrating your specialism in temperature control
- Understanding and reviewing, technical documents such as, wiring diagrams, P&ID drawings, Pressure Enthalpy diagrams, etc.
- Creating reasonably complex technical reports and standard dilapidation surveys.
- Demonstrating and providing support to lower roles and grades in defined areas of competency
- Working unattended and unsupervised within the defined territory
- Occasional supervision of Technicians of lower grade or role – a great opportunity to gain supervisory experience!
- Ability to produce and submit customer remedial quotations
In order to be considered for this opportunity you must:
- Have previous successful experience within a similar temperature control background with a commercial refrigeration bias.
- If not we may consider individuals who have a HVAC background, ideally working on Air Conditioning Units, AHU’s, Splits, VRV / VRF’s or within a chiller / refrigeration retail service or maintenance role.
- You will ideally already be:
F-Gas qualified (brazing and charging and recovery of refrigerants)
With a minimum NVQ Level 2 in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning.
We seek applications from committed and enthusiastic Commercial HVAC / Air Conditioning or Refrigeration Engineers / Technicians, Senior HVAC Technicians, HVAC Engineers, Refrigeration Engineers, Temperature Control Specialists, FGAS Engineers, Boiler Engineers, Refrigeration Technicians, Chiller Technicians, Chiller Engineers with relevant skills and experience who live within the South East.
Commutable locations may include London, Greater London, Surrey, Sussex, Kent, Hampshire, Essex, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, Brighton, Crawley, Croydon, South London, Reading, Wokingham, Woking, Slough, Hayes, Bracknell, Guildford, Basingstoke, Watford, Bromley, Farnham, Wimbledon, Romford, Tottenham or any other South East towns.
Who we are:
Carrier is the world’s leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions. We have of a history of more than 100 years of proven innovation, solving problems on a global level, and our innovations drive new industries. Within the UK, we operate under 3 bands- Carrier, Toshiba Carrier & CIAT. Our mission is to be the first choice for heating, air-conditioning and refrigeration solutions worldwide. We work every day to make the world a better place to live, work and play. Consistently ranked as one of the world’s most respected companies, we are also a pioneer of social responsibility, looking after the environment as well our people.
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally assessed and selected based on objective criteria.
Carrier is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Jobs you might also be interested in