In this role you will apply your knowledge and experience on a diverse range of advisory projects and strategic/feasibility studies, and have the opportunity to lead different areas of our portfolio, such as water resource planning, resource options appraisal, demand forecasting, demand management options appraisal, investment optimisation and environmental assessment.
• Relevant water resources, engineering or other related degree
• UK water sector experience
• Familiarity with UK sector regulation for water resources
• Experience with developing Water Resource Management Plans (WRMP) for UK Water Companies
• Good general understanding of the building blocks for a WRMP and detailed understanding in a number of aspects
• Project management, client liaison and consulting skills
• Experience of developing Drought Plans for water companies
• Understanding of the components that make up a water supply-demand balance and how these are estimated and forecast
• Experience of undertaking options appraisal
• Experience of auditing and assurance
• Experience of using asset information
Our Asset Management and Infrastructure Planning group in the Water Consultancy Division provides strategic water sector services to a wide range of clients in the UK and internationally including water utilities, regulators, governments, multilateral and commercial lenders and research bodies. We help our clients to understand their existing water infrastructure assets and plan how best to meet the needs of their customers in the future – whether evaluating specific assets and projects or longer-term investment programmes covering whole regions and nations.
We cover the whole water cycle from identifying new water resources for growing cities to delivery of safe and sustainable water and wastewater services to customers as well as recovery of resources and energy from the resulting wastewater. We understand the risks and challenges to the water sector from sources such as climate change, population growth and customer needs – as well as the potential opportunities provided by emerging technologies and approaches.
We provide strategic water resources planning services to water companies, regional groups (including Water Resources South East and Water Resources East), regulators and government in the UK as well as supporting our global business delivering water resources planning services internationally. We help our clients to consider the resilience of their existing resources in the face of environmental pressures, growth, climate change and severe drought and then to identify, appraise and develop future demand and supply side interventions to address the needs identified.
We are looking for motivated strategic thinkers, who want to generate the best possible outcomes for our clients, the environment and society, with an interest in developing their knowledge and experience, joining our existing team of climate scientists, data scientists, engineers, environmentalists, hydrogeologists, hydrologists, managers and planners.
Water resources are under pressure globally from climate change, population growth and urbanisation – this includes parts of the UK where there is now recognition that investment in both demand management and resource development is needed to secure resilient water supplies for the future.
We can offer:
For more information about our Water sector click