Job Level:Assistant Vice President
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 43 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and prosper.
Corporate and Institutional Solutions (CIS) is a division within Morgan Stanley Wealth Management comprised of Corporate & Digital Solutions, Morgan Stanley @ Work, Virtual Client Solutions, Reinvestment, and Strategic Client Management. The overall goal and vision of CIS is to create a corporate experience and a consistent corporate employee (“participant”) experience and to engage them throughout their financial life journey that will ultimately lead to a furthering and deepening of their Morgan Stanley Wealth Management relationships. Our approach will be highly scalable, leveraging an omni-channel strategy with an emphasis on messaging, onboarding, cross-selling, activation and servicing. Our goal will be to drive growth across all client segments, including the Mass-Affluent, with new digital capabilities.
Has your paper napkin business plan turned into a billion-dollar reality? Ours has, and our employees have helped us get to where we are today; and as we continue to scale towards being the incomparable leader in our industry, we are looking for a Relationship Manager to help write the next chapter with us.
What started as a sketch on a napkin is now our world-class software platform that combines cutting-edge technology with outstanding client service and premier wealth management capabilities. Shareworks by Morgan Stanley is designed to simplify the complexities of equity plan management, while helping employees realize the full potential of their benefits.
The Role: Relationship Manager – Private Market Focus
Located in and reporting into the Head of Private Market Relationship Management, you will be responsible for overseeing, servicing, cultivating and growing existing corporate client relationships toward mutual partnership and success. Acting as the main point of contact for designated corporate clients, you will interact with all departments within Shareworks by Morgan Stanley to ensure that client expectations are met, and satisfaction levels are maintained.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively build “partnership” style relationships focusing on integration at all levels, maintaining relationship with senior client contacts
- Interact with various client stakeholders to solve problems, build strong partnerships, and uncover new opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing needs analysis to determine appropriate services to meet client requirements; prepare specifications/gap analysis documents for client requests for new functionality.
- Keep client apprised of new product functionality that may be relevant to the client and their plan administration through Shareworks™.
- Foster client loyalty through Shareworks by Morgan Stanley’s standard client interaction protocols and proactive client retention initiatives including client meetings, corporate communications, quarterly partnership meetings, etc.
- Understand and interpret contracts, and any client exceptions to company standards, with respect to pricing, plan management or service level commitments.
- Troubleshoot ad hoc client queries using the Shareworks™ application. Conduct client meetings, demonstrations, training sessions, user training sessions, and other client requests as required.
- Mentors colleagues with respect to client interaction, communication tactics and positioning strategies.
- Completes account reviews with the Director, Account Management.
What you bring:
- Degree in Business, Economics or similar
- Demonstrable experience in an Account Management, Client Services, or Sales role
- Experience in the equity or share plan industry, including group and retirement plans, would be an asset
- You are a cultural addition to our team, and bring a diverse perspective
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently and manage numerous assignments concurrently
- Demonstrated competency with common technology and technical concepts, including but not limited to email, internet, Excel and Word
- Strong analytical, attention-to-detail, and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment which includes ongoing learning and training opportunities
- Ability to travel up to 25% of time within and outside the United Kingdom when possible
While we thank all applicants for their interest, please note that only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.