We are looking for a strong technical engineer to lead and take control of the device management platform. You will have the opportunity to directly improve our customers experience of BT through the design and implementation of these mission critical platforms.
The role holder will need to be able to work with the wider team, stakeholders across pan-BT Group (e.g. Consumer, Enterprise, EE, Plusnet, etc) and external vendors to ensure that services & products that make use of the device management platform are doing so efficiently.
The role holder will also provide the technical direction for the domain of device management, within our area, in the way that we remotely manage our set-top boxes and home hub estate.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Build a compelling vision for these platforms and implement it.
• Delight customers by delivering rapid agile change while managing the suppliers to ensure quality.
• Be the primary source of technical expertise for your platforms.
• Interpret client needs, identify solutions and drive implementation
• Interpret live issues and identify solutions
• Manage senior stakeholders up to MD level and inspire confidence
• Be an active participant in the running of the wider team, helping our area be a great place to work.
• Engage with the wider business in order to identify opportunities for future work for your platform.
• Experiment with new technologies and alternatives to current solutions
• Ensure compliance with all data protection law and security policy
• Identify and resolve risks to service
• Execute technical roadmap for the device management area
• Lead on design assurance in device management area before integrating into overall solution
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Device management - knowledge of CPE management, ACS platforms and associated protocols including TR-069, TR-098 & TR-181 and upcoming industry trends.
• Broadband - working knowledge of Broadband Access technologies including ADSL, VDSL, PPPoX.
• Home networking - working knowledge of Home Networking technologies & protocols including Ethernet, Wi-Fi, PowerLine, TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, NT.
• Testing concepts – working knowledge of test automation and test management practices.
• Agile - You identify opportunities to use collaborative approaches and continuous improvement. You contribute to projects as a subject matter expert or content owner.
• Systems thinking - You provide technical expertise to evaluate the impacts and links between structure, people, process and technology. You think through the whole systems context, new perspectives and insight before taking on projects.
• Technology excellence - You build and apply insight about emerging technology to develop and deliver new digital solutions. You break complex information down into understandable language.
• Communication - being able to talk about technology to non technical people
Experience working as an engineer with ACS platforms using protocols such as TR-069, TR-098 & TR-181.
Experience of working agile environment
Experience in senior stakeholder management internally and externally
Experience of working with external vendors
Experience working as a software designer
Experience of working in a telecommunications environment
Why BT Digital?
Community culture – we’re bringing people from a wide range of backgrounds together to create a culture where everyone can be their best. Our colleagues lead the way on wellbeing, diversity and inclusion, making sure everybody feels supported and valued. Be part of our community.
Flexible lifestyle – we understand you’ll have commitments outside work. Tailor your working hours to find a work-life balance that suits you.
Endless opportunities – our unrivalled professional development programmes are available to all our colleagues. Build a career you’re passionate about.
Top-of-the-range tech – we’ve invested in brilliant new buildings and the technology to go with it. You’ll have all the tools you need to connect, create and innovate.
Bright future – our agile approach means we’re more collaborative and dynamic than ever. We’ve reset what it means to work at BT. Join us as we build our digital future.
10% Annual Salary Bonus
10% Employer Pension Contribution
BT has a key role in British society, fostering change and leading technology innovation. From delivering the Olympics, to supporting the emergency services, to investing more into research than any other UK technology company, we take pride in everything we do - and in the people who work here.
We're now a global company operating at the forefront of the information age, employing 90,000 people in 180 countries. And we're on a mission. Guided by our core values of Personal, Simple and Brilliant our goal is to help customers, communities and businesses overcome barriers and release their potential.
So, if you're interested in the power of potential, why not join us today and release yours? You can read more here about