At KPMG we have re-imagined careers in Global Compliance & Transformation (GCT). A key focus for KPMGs GCT team is to help multinational groups manage and transform their Tax Operating Model (TOM) to improve compliance, reporting and drive value for their business. Our clients leverage KPMG’s compliance and transformation expertise and technology to drive better visibility, greater efficiency and improved risk management across their organisation
We are winning new clients and are growing our team as a result of these investments and successes. This is an exciting time to be part of our GCT team at KPMG where reimagining tax is a strategic priority for our UK and Global business
We are looking for talented Assistant Managers to join us in Canada Square, London (although flexibility on location will be considered) with experience in a broad range of areas including:
• Tax compliance and reporting
• Engagement management
• Tax governance management skills
• Transformation, transition and project management
• Client relationship management
• Developing Standardised methodology
• Tax compliance process improvement/redesign
• Advising on appropriate tax technology to support compliance and reporting processes
We have a diverse client base, from mid-market to FTSE listed groups, from public sector to real estate to financial services. The role involves working on clients of all sizes and across a wide range of sectors.
We are offering full time roles with flexible working arrangements which include, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Support project managing the delivery of global and large UK compliance and reporting managed service projects;
• Assist clients in developing robust global governance and control frameworks around key internal and external requirements (e.g SAO, internal audit)
• Support the business development process to progress leads to sales
• Identify and assist with transformation projects ranging from redesigning processes, developing Centres of Excellence, upskilling, technology opportunities
• Develop our service offerings and service delivery models
• Assist clients with implementation of managed service and transformation solutions to ensure the widespread adoption across their business units;
• Maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients;
• Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
• Technical support for other team members.
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Qualifications and skills:
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications. Project Management qualifications are also desirable.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Project management/co-ordination skills and experience (e.g. on global compliance outsourcing engagements or similar projects);
• Experience in process, risk and controls design
• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication skills. Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear;
• Awareness of technology and automation to drive efficiency, risk management and value
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work. Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Awareness or experience of tax and accounting compliance processes (e.g. Direct/Indirect tax returns, statutory accounting).