A school in St Helens is seeking a Maths Teacher (preferably an NQT) to join the teaching team in September 2021.
Requirements for this position are as follows:
- Experience delivering A-Level Maths highly desirable.,
- GCSE Intervention experience.
- Outstanding subject knowledge.
Highlights of this role include:
- Devising strategies that inspire students to put in maximum effort into the development of the ability within the subject.
- Working with SEN staff (Teaching Assistants/Learning Support Assistants) in identifying students who require further support.
- Creating learning material and resources that simplify learning processes as much as possible.
- Working on a 1:1 basis with students when necessary.
- Providing support within the classroom, whilst also running through past papers and setting relevant homework tasks.
- Offering feedback to senior leaders, parents and subject leaders when necessary based on student performance.
- Implementing unique strategies that engage and keep pupils focused.
The school expects the applicant to have excellent communication skills, as well as being able to adequately prepare pupils for both internal assessments and exams. The ability to manage behaviour is essential, as well as being able to offer pastoral support.
Pay annually for this role: GBP24,373 - GBP41,490 (annual pay)
The role will run for 2 terms initially, with there then being the potential for this to be extended further.
- Located in St Helens – close to motorway links/public transport links.
- Highly regarded by Ofsted.
- Outstanding SLT Team.
For further information, please contact the Liverpool branch at Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.