At Payroc, we're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. The radical and responsible delivery of value is our mandate. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
What we're obsessive about:
- Small teams, big things: We'll convey the outcomes our merchants require, provide you with the support and tools to succeed, and then we let you work your magic, with no needless processes to get in your way.
- Develop, grow, thrive: We promote a philosophy where you can develop and grow as an individual and team. We encourage you to approach problems in unique ways, try new techniques, learn from your colleagues and master your craft.
- Real people, real problems: We develop solutions to solve real-world challenges faced by our merchants. Our Team Members collaborate to build the right things the right way. We are curious about how things work, and we believe that sharing ideas and insights leads to better, more innovative products.
Payroc is seeking a knowledgeable, passionate TE III. The successful candidate will design and execute testing scenarios for both new and existing projects. Deep analytical and technical skills are required, along with an ability to understand how all pieces fit together and validated within a complex and distributed system. The right individual must have proven experience testing enterprise-class systems.
The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Our working environment empowers Test Engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new and novel testing strategies from a user (e.g., Merchant, Consumer, Partner, etc.) point of view for both functional and non-functional requirements.
- From requirement specifications, develop test plans/cases within a Lean/Agile Software Development framework - define methodologies, pass/fail criteria, risk assessment, and assumptions.
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression).
- Perform ad hoc / exploratory / user-acceptance testing methodically to ensure products are working as expected.
- Conduct regression/integration testing as release moves through different environments before Production deployment
- Highlight and identify any testing gaps found through regression testing and working with Test / Engineering teams to resolve them.
- Take on an Automation-First mentality in all pursuits – only leveraging manual oriented methods when called for.
- Participate in the process to continually enhance best practices for quality assurance
- Interact with Technology staff, including other Test Engineers, Engineers, DevOps Engineers, Delivery, Product Management, to identify the scope of project/s and deliver services.
- Drive adoption of development services (Quality Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) among various delivery teams.
- Work in an agile environment, attend daily stand up calls, and give daily status reports and call out any issues or blockers that may delay release delivery.
- Leverage and contribute to automation frameworks built by SET and Engineering to deliver functional and non-functional tests.
- Act as a "Guardian of Done" in the SDLC, being treated as a Customer by the Engineering team.
- Be on a constant lookout for improvements to our testing methods and practices.
- Author and augment our Developer documentation and knowledge bases.
- Be open to learning and applying new automation methods and techniques.
- Approach testing with a “zero tolerance for defects” mentality, driving engineering to produce high quality deliverables.
- 5-7 years in a Test Engineering position.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field.
- A Clear understanding of software engineering concepts and test methodologies/practices.
- Coding or scripting experience a plus.
- Demonstrated use of (BDD/TDD) frameworks (e.g., JUnit/JBehave, Cucumber, etc.).
- Experience in regression testing as releases move through different environments.
- Experience in testing Web Services, Web UI, and APIs.
- Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts, and integrate with Continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover).
- Good knowledge of Linux / Unix.
- Sound knowledge of Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
- Passionate about Testing and keeping current with industry trends and best practices
- Demonstrable experience in taking a risk based approach to testing to identify high-risk / high values areas requiring focus.
- Excellent technical understanding and ability to learn new software quickly
- Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies exploratory testing in an Agile environment
- Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and can function under pressure in an independent environment.
- Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.