UI Developer - Derry/Londonderry with hybrid remote working – £35,000 DOE!
REED Technology, Belfast are excited to be representing one of the fastest rising, upcoming and innovative technology companies across the UK and Ireland. They are specialist, market leaders that focus primarily on the deliverance of service and development of both their staff and company.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, your role is designed to improve user interface and user experience.
- Create, improve and use prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your ideas using any of these methods.
- Present and defend your design decisions, all your design decisions should be based on the overall design and/or development road-map as well as your own design thinking and fundamental principles.
- Continually keep yourself and your design team updated with the latest changes in your industry’s standards.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate functionality.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Adhere to style standards on fonts, colours and images.
- Test your own designs across all browsers and resolve bugs and display issues.
- Must have a relevant degree AND a minimum of 3 years relevant UI development experience OR a minimum of 6 years relevant experience without a relevant degree.
- Portfolio of past work which can be presented at interview.
- Experience in creating user interaction design, screen design, icons
- Experience of native mobile design
- Hands-on experience creating wireframes, prototypes, storyboards, user flows, etc.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the Adobe software suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc).
- Knowledge of Bootstrap and other front-end frameworks.
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Good time-management skills.
- Be open to receiving constructive criticism and developing skills from this.
Boasting a competitive benefits package on top of a flexible hybrid remote working opportunity, this is a lucrative role.