Parexel Informatics develops technological innovations to make the process of drug development faster, more accurate, more productive and easier to track. Our dedicated Informatics group creates industry-leading, integrated platforms and applications
designed by clinical researchers to improve the way companies perform clinical trials, control and share data, track and report patient outcomes, and manage regulatory information.
This role will be based in our modern state of the art office in Nottingham city centre which has excellent transport links as well as a great working environment and the feel of an innovative technology company. You would be working home based at the moment due to the current pandemic.
As the Senior Business Analyst - User Researcher , you will work under the guidance of Portfolio Management and work with Product Management, Portfolio group, the Business Owners and Scrum team(s) to create and define user stories and supporting artefacts for product features and enhancements. You will assist with identifying and documenting features which will improve business efficiency, productivity and drive revenue. You will also assist the Product Management function in prioritizing business epics and agile release train epics in prioritizing and grooming features and associated user stories for inclusion in a particular release and a particular sprint.
- Investigates operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes.
- Assists in the analysis of stakeholder objectives, and the underlying issues arising from investigations into business requirements and problems, and identifies options for consideration.
- Works iteratively with stakeholders, to identify potential benefits and available options for consideration, and in defining
Business Process Improvement
- Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components.
- Evaluates the financial, cultural, technological, organisational and environmental factors which must be addressed in the change -programme.
- Establishes client requirements for the implementation of significant changes in organisational mission, business functions and process, organisational roles and responsibilities, and scope or nature of service delivery.
- Identifies the communications needs of each stakeholder group in conjunction with business owners and subject matter experts.
- Translates communications / stakeholder engagement strategies into specific tasks.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans. (For example, may oversee the organisation's promotional/selling activities to one or more clients, to ensure that such activities are aligned with corporate marketing
- Negotiates with stakeholders at senior levels, ensuring that organisational policy and strategies are adhered to.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
Requirements Definition and Management
- Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises.
- Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders.
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements.
- Specifies and documents business requirements as directed, ensuring traceability back to source.
- Degree in Life Sciences, Engineering, or Computer Science field, or equivalent.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments and new learning
- Ability to manage multiple and varied tasks with enthusiasm and prioritize workload with attention to detail.
- Shows Initiative and self-confidence, is adaptable and is able to cope with changing and evolving priorities.
- Must have the ability to work methodically in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment
Knowledge and Experience:
- Good advanced level Senior Business Analysis / User Research experience working in a technology environment or software delivery
- Strong User Persona / UX / User Design / User research / Persona driven BA experience is essential.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies (preferably Scrum), UML, Object Orientated, Data Modeling, Process Modeling and/or other development methodologies
- Awareness of structured approach to test planning and test execution.
- Experience of App creation wold be a huge advantage (mobile/web solutions not necessarily just phone type apps)
- Heavy involvement in software creation experience is key.
- User/UI focused –creation of User journey experience is essential- Must have strong previous BA experience at Sr BA level or above.
- Client facing experience (internal mainly) and approach with strong communication skills and personality are a must.- Agile Scrum methodology work experience (SAFe) preferably.
Apply today to begin your Parexel journey!