Purpose of Role:
Binnies are recruiting a Civil Engineer to join their Water Services team. The team consults, delivers and manages Critical Human Infrastructure projects in the Water and Flood Risk Management sector. Operating as a civil engineering lead in a base office or Client co-located environment, the candidate for this role should have an aspiration to follow a technical career and have experience in the appraisal and design of civil infrastructure schemes. The primary purpose of the role is to undertake civil design within a multi-disciplinary engineering team ensuring consistent quality and timeliness of output.
You will work closely with clients, junior team members and other specialist teams throughout the business to deliver the projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The role is suitable for a Civil Engineer with a desire to achieve Chartership (preferably through the ICE, though CIWEM would be considered) who is looking for a fresh challenge. You should be able to demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Undertaking civil design outputs under the supervision.
- Assisting with the delivery of the civil design stage outputs of each project within the agreed timescale and budget.
- Considering Technical, Safety and Environmental input in the civil design for each project.
- Assisting with the production of civil design documents which are cost effective, meet the requirements of the specification and which can be constructed safely and effectively.
- Using company/Client civil standard designs and design practices under supervision.
- Reporting civil design changes to the Lead Engineer in order that they can be captured within change control mechanisms.
- Raising, and assisting in resolving technical queries.
- Maintaining a positive and solution-oriented approach to work, providing open and honest feedback.
- Taking all reasonable steps to ensure appropriate confidentiality.
- Contributing to ensuring a safe working environment for all staff.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Education & Training:
Training in current H&S design legislation expected.
Academic & Professional Qualifications:
- Civil Engineering Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Graduate member of ICE or construction related institute/institution.
Background & Experience:
Some experience of working in the water industry on water or wastewater projects.
A basic knowledge of water/wastewater treatment and the processes for working up design proposals for acceptance by clients.
Understanding of Client needs and being aware of the need to satisfy customer requirements with the aim of enhancing the customers’ perception and satisfaction.
Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
Delivery driven with the ability to work to targets and deliver to time, cost and quality objectives.
At RSK we operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation, adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all. The company prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and enabling them to reach their full potential. Listed as being in the top 3 environmental consultancies and listed in the Sunday Times PwC Top Track 250, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
Furthermore, retaining our employees is the building block of a successful organisation and we want to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working, social activities, and community involvement projects.
RSK is also committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer