We believe in the power of ingenuity to build a positive human future in a technology-driven world.
As strategies, technologies and innovation collide, we create opportunity from complexity.
Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking and breakthrough use of technologies to progress further, faster. Our clients adapt and transform, and together we achieve enduring results.
An innovation and transformation consultancy, we are 3,300 specialists in consumer and manufacturing, defence and security, energy and utilities, financial services, government and public services, health and life sciences, and transport. Our people are strategists, innovators, designers, consultants, digital experts, scientists, engineers and technologists. We operate globally from offices across the UK, US, Netherlands and Nordics.
PA. Bringing Ingenuity to Life.
Would you like to be part of an inspiring global team that leads the way in Agile consulting? At PA Consulting, we help the largest and most complex organisations on one end of the spectrum to start-ups wanting to scale at pace at the other. We are the leading consultancy and thought leaders in organisational agility with our clients spanning across the UK and internationally. As such, we have unrivalled experience, collateral and insight. We have accelerated drug development, helped transform the world to green energy, catapulted a fintech of 400 people into the S&P500 and reimagined visas and immigration. We have taken business agility to shipping companies and improved manufacturing quality whilst reducing time to market. That’s just a few of over 200 incredibly inspiring assignments that we have delivered!
We are looking for exceptional Agile delivery specialists to join our growing team. You will have experience working as part of a team introducing and delivering highly complex technology-enabled change initiatives using Agile, DevOps or Kanban practices.
By providing technical leadership and coaching within Agile principles, you will show our clients how to apply Agile methodologies to their business. You will have the opportunity to:
- Provide coaching and training services that will ensure we achieve our goals
- Combine your cross-functional skills in project and programme management to create scope for continuous improvement
- Support the design of best-in-class consultancy solutions that set us apart from our competition
- Take early opportunities during the sales lifecycle and perform a variety of roles across the whole change lifecycle
- Be part of an exceptionally vibrant Agile community.
You must have:
- At least 2 years' operational experience working within an Agile team
- At least 2 years’ recent and relevant consulting experience or equivalent
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with top-level stakeholders
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Excellent written skills
- Flexibility to travel both nationally and internationally to our clients
- A desire to develop PA’s internal Agile Capability as well as working with our clients.
You will also have some of the following:
- Experience in coaching teams to adopt Agile ways of working
- Scrum Mastery experience
- Experience of driving teams’ planning and estimation and the execution of a defined roadmap
- Experience of Kanban including WIP limits, policies and flow
- Able to use Agile backlog tools e.g. Azure DevOps, Jira or similar
- Experience of co-ordinating activities across multiple teams across the delivery lifecycle e.g. Project Management, Architecture, Operations etc.
- Experience of developing Definition of Ready (DoRs)/ Definition of Done (DoDs) and writing and quality assuring Acceptance Criteria
- Familiar with using risk, issue and dependency management practices e.g. ROAM
- An ability to facilitate continuous improvement of agile ways of working through retros
- Experience of facilitating team participation in collaborative planning activities (such as PI Planning
- A thorough understanding of different delivery models from waterfall, to iterative, to continuous delivery within high profile engagements
- An understanding of scaling frameworks including SAFe, LeSS and Scrum@Scale.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)