We’re an innovation and transformation consultancy that believes in the power of ingenuity to build a positive-human future in a technology-driven world. Our diverse teams of experts combine innovative thinking with breakthrough-technologies to progress further, faster.
We are looking for an electrical/control system engineer who understands the complexities of designing and building electrical control systems for a range of applications, from small test rigs to complex high-speed production machines. You will work closely with our senior control systems engineers and with our wider engineering team to design, develop and commission solutions to our clients’ challenges.
Become part of the team
PA’s consumer team works with a wide range of clients globally from blue-chip companies to start-ups on some of the most challenging and high-profile assignments to make a real difference to our clients and their product portfolios.
At PA, you will be working within one of the most successful UK organisations in technology and product development, with a team who have an exceptional reputation for innovation and delivery across a huge range of clients.
Our team includes industry-leading experts in electronics, software development, mechanical engineering and applied science. We offer all of our engineering professionals career progression and tailored training to equip them with the tools they need to tackle complex and challenging projects through their careers.
You will be trusted to work across the whole development lifecycle for clients, offering a rare opportunity to gain broad experiences from concept to delivery. This is a great opportunity to not only work on some of the most challenging problems in the industry but also to see your solution through to deployment where it has a positive impact.
PA offers a career in consulting, not just a job; a stake in our firm; and an environment where individuals and ideas matter.
We are looking for candidates with meaningful experience in electrical and/or electronic engineering, industrial control systems, mechatronics, factory automation, robotics, or similar, and the following technical skills:
A proven track record in specification, design, test, and commissioning of industrial electrical control systems.
Ability to author electrical requirements and control panel design specifications, wiring diagrams and bill of materials of complex electromechanical systems.
Strong working knowledge of:
- SCADA / PLC (Rockwell and/or Siemens would be a distinct advantage)
- Electromechanical design and simulation tools
- Motion control, drives, transmission and motors
- Industrial control, field, and communications buses
- Sensing technologies
- Machine safety regulations
- Control panel build and wiring regulations
An in-depth knowledge of relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards to ensure necessary compliance.
Good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable explaining complex engineering concepts to both a technical and non-technical audience.
And the following qualities:
Someone not afraid to be ‘Hands-on’ and work with the team to work through challenges from first principles on the bench.
Energy and enthusiasm to take on unfamiliar challenges.
You will find ample opportunity to develop your skills and broaden into relevant new areas – e.g. PLC programming, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- A good degree in Electrical Engineering or a related subject, or
- A relevant Level 5 technical qualification (e.g. HND) or similar, or
- A relevant Level 4 technical qualification (e.g. HNC) or similar
- We value additional relevant qualifications e.g. IEC 61508 functional safety
Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)