Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reports to: Director
‘Engineering excellence through proficiency.’
ReachActive provides specialist engineering services across the power, multi-utility and building services sectors within the UK and Ireland. We are a forward thinking and innovative contractor adept at recognising business opportunity, identifying gaps in the market and delivering total solutions that meet the needs and exceed all expectations of our clients.
ReachActive provides its clients with a single source of specialist project resources and services. This approach has led to its five complementary divisions, which provide an unrivalled breadth & depth of engineering services.
- Multi-utility installations and diversions
- Overhead power lines
- Underground power networks
- Building services
Business Development Manager
We are currently recruiting a Business Development Manager with proven experience within the Power and/or Multi-Utilities sector and who has a demonstrable track record winning contracts, whilst developing existing clients and contracts.
You will develop and grow our business, by attracting new customers and promoting our services, using your sales and communication skills, coupled with good interpersonal skills.
Main purpose of role:
Leading efforts to establish and retain business growth opportunities. Primarily obtaining new clients and fostering business relationships to increase revenue from sales.
Key responsibilities and duties:
New Business Development
- Develop strategic approaches.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within your market or geographic area to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Meet potential clients by growing, maintaining, and leveraging your network.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and company’s practice leaders/principals.
- Plan approaches and pitches.
- Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Participate in pricing the solution/service.
Existing Client Retention
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
Management and Research
- Submit regular progress reports and ensure data is accurate.
- Ensure that data is accurately entered and managed within the company’s CRM or other sales management system.
- Forecast sales targets and ensure they are met.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Work with marketing staff to ensure that prerequisites (prequalification etc.) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Ensure all team members represent the company in the best light.
- Attendance and representation of the company at networking events and meetings.
- Research and develop a thorough understanding of the company’s people and capabilities.
- Understand the company’s goals and purpose to enhance and ensure continuous performance improvements.
N.B., It should also be noted that the above list of principal duties is not necessarily a complete statement of duties and should be considered as for guidance only.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a BDM role for a similarly sized organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent influencing, persuasion, negotiation and closing skills.
- Experience of compiling and presenting company information to new and existing clients.
- Experience of bid-writing/tendering.
- High levels of literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent IT skills including MS Office
- Full valid UK driving licence.
- Experience in the Integrated Systems/Security market sectors.
- Experience in Telecommunications market sector
- Experience in commerical Electric vehicle charging market sector