Below are 2 separate role requirements as described
Senior Business Advisor:
Preparing statutory financial statements and training / supporting junior staff members as required.
o Prepare statutory accounts under UK GAAP and other relevant accounting frameworks.
o Prepare consolidations and cash flow for year-end statutory accounts and year end accounting files accounting files for audit either by internal and external auditors.
o Identify potential issues with the consolidation along with the proposing solutions.
o Assist in research of complex technical area and offer solutions.
o Assist in preparing IFRS 9, IFRS 16, share options, and adding accounting entries to tax papers.
o Comply with the Ethics Standard 5 for non-audit services.
o Understand the logic of a cashflow statement enabling issues to be identifies and solutions proposed.
Business Services Outsourcing Manager:
- Principal Accountabilities and Attributes:
- Manage client assignments, which includes determining the resource requirements, monitoring progress against budget and established timeframe, review of work completed by junior team members and resolving all project issues prior to Partner and Director review.
- Manage the overall team on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage a portfolio of clients including client take on procedures, agreeing scope, fee negotiations, control of billings and cash collections within the firm’s criteria.
- Acts as a major point of contact within the firm for the client together with the partner. This includes responding quickly to, as well as anticipating, client requests/needs, keeping clients informed of progress in relation to all aspects of the service provided and maintaining regular contact with clients.
- Ensure that the firm’s risk management and quality control procedures are adhered to
- Recruit, retain, develop and motivate our employees (includes participating in recruitment, ensuring job appraisal documentation is completed within deadlines and ensuring appropriate objectives and development plans are in place for appraisees).
- Work as part of management team on issues such as resource planning, staff retention, merit rate meetings, improving our tools and processes and efficiency gains
- Keep up to date with all technical developments in order to ensure continued excellent delivery of services to the client.
- May develop a specialism and actively work to identify new business opportunities in that market
- Build sustainable relationships with clients, and take point responsibility for delivering answers to clients in most cases.
- Puts quality first in every client interaction by ensuring accuracy, timeliness and honesty
- Encourages team members to put their ideas forward to improve the BDO experience for clients
- Acts within agreed fees, scope, deliverables and timescales and support the team to deliver on promises
- Solicits feedback from clients and acts promptly to amend or improve client service
- Escalates potential overruns and does not put off difficult conversations
- Identify and recognise new project and business opportunities for BSO, and inform the partner and client as appropriate. Acts as an ambassador of the firm, participates in marketing events, keeps abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggests innovative products and services.
- Contributes to bidding for new work and supports senior people as needed
- Builds relationships with existing clients and seeks out new opportunities
- Takes the time to reflect on and learn from experience
- Understands wider BDO service offering and can spot opportunities outside the stream
- Personally invests the time and energy in building BD and management skills
- Encourages others to build networks and get into the market
- Introduces professional contacts to others as appropriate