Our client, a global award winning health marketing agency based in the heart of London, has an opening for a Commercial Business Partner to join their team to be an effective partner to the business, providing support and expertise on all finance matters.
The role will support the business leadership teams to ensure they are forecasting, tracking and billing accurately against scopes, providing financial management reporting and KPI analysis and being the face of Finance to all project and business leadership teams.
- Leading and guiding Client Services teams with drawing up, qualitative reviewing and approving client scopes of work before they are sent to client.
- Managing and collating the submission of all plans, budgets, and monthly client revenue forecasts, challenging any assumptions with Client Services and ensure forecasts are ambitious and achievable.
- Partnering with the client teams to ensure projects and accounts are tracking as forecast against the relevant scope and budgets
- Communicate financial performance to internal and external stakeholders explaining variances to target and providing insight to enhance decision making.
- Preparing and reporting on performance KPIs such as client/project recoverability, utilisation, and capacity reporting.
- Supporting Commercial Finance Lead with preparation of new client contracts and rate cards.
- Intervening where required to support compliance and alignment objectives with client contracts and processes.
- Ensuring risks and opportunities are identified and mitigated where required with visibility provided to management in a timely manner
- Liaising with the wider Finance team to ensure alignment on financial modelling, reporting, and budgeting, ensuring Finance is a best-in-class service
- Proactively reviewing finance processes and development of systems.
- Liaising with all parties to ensure audit requirements are delivered.
- Ad hoc project work.
- Leading monthly revenue meetings with Client Services teams to determine revenue to be recognised each month for specific clients / products and responsibility to ensure timely billings and WIP management.
- Managing the month end reporting process to tight deadlines, submission of supporting schedules, with the main focus on monthly revenue calculation and recognition.
- Ensuring that the agency has all relevant documentation to recognise revenue across all clients – i.e. approved scopes of work, client purchase orders.
- Reviewing and approving CSAs
- Provide accounting, reporting and all necessary financial support for the contract, including specific client reporting and financial data requirements
- Providing financial information and interpretation, undertaking proactive analytical and other investigations, contributing to developing a better understanding of the business and improving operational performance
- Ensuring revenue accounting is in line with company standards
- Specific Client financial reporting
- Challenging business performance through reviewing and interpreting financial metrics
- P+L oversight of Speciality Businesses
- To line manage the Commercial Finance Analyst
- Set goals, carry out 121s, performance review and have career conversations on a regular basis to ensure that career development goals are in place
- Set the highest standards in terms of management behaviours; support a culture of diversity and inclusion; respect for others, collaboration, responsibility and accountability.
- Recently qualified or part qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) or qualified by experience
- Good understanding of professional services (i.e. timesheet hours) model
- Knowledge / experience of revenue recognition and KPI reporting
- Self-starter who sets high personal standards and takes personal responsibility for delivering first class service and product
- A keen eye for detail and an approach that is both organised and questioning are pre-requisites.
- Analytical thinking – ability to collate and analyse data and identify key drivers for improvement
- Proficient is the use of Outlook, Excel (advanced), Word and Powerpoint
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, comfortable with engaging with, guiding, and influencing non-financial staff, having a collaborative approach to problem solving