- Developing, setting and maintain the overall standards on all bids and opportunities that G3 Systems pursues
- Responsible for the preparation, consistency, and quality assurance of all commercial and financial aspects of Bids & Proposals including:
- Assist in the early stage and ongoing analysis of business opportunities.
- Management of the Cost Estimation & pricing process; control and authority for rates sheets.
- Develop the commercial solution, pricing, financial aspects, risk identification and analysis and produce the commercial response.
- Develop the supply chain supporting bids based on the agreed CONOPS and issue RFP’s and resulting sub-contracts in accordance with an agreed statement of work.
- Development and management of the bid & proposal process including book plan, bid schedule, WBS, and pricing
- Liaison with the Commercial Manager to produce the commercial aspects of the proposals; and on the review of Contracts, Variations and Task Orders for compliance with the Offer submitted.
- Work with UK & Overseas Operations and the business support functions as necessary to develop Proposals and Estimates
- Initial review & signatory of all Estimates and Proposals prior to G3 senior leadership reviews
- Organise and manage formal Gate Reviews and other proposal reviews/meetings as required
- Responsible for handover of complete bid packages to Operations for successful bid awards.
- Perform Performance Assessments on direct reports as required by HR.
- Conformance with External Relationship Risk Management (ERRM) requirements
- Conformance with Quality, Health, Safety and Environment obligations.
- Delegated financial authority in accordance with the Approval Matrix.
- As required provide input to Head of Solution Development and Marketing for the development of the G3 Systems Annual Operating Plan (AOP).
- When required, represent the company to existing customers and potential new clients, including presentation of company & program capabilities and bid solutions to customer/partner teams.
- Compliance with Company Business Operating Procedures and development of new processes and procedures to meet the business objectives.
- Attendance at IAP Gate Reviews as required
- RICS or CICES qualified
- Proven experience at a similar level / similar role
- Project/Program Management experience
- Post graduate qualification (MBA/MEng)
- Demonstrable financial and commercial acumen associated with the bidding and winning of contracts including value management and risk.
- Experienced in developing and implementing prime and sub-contractor selection and negotiations both pre and post tender.
- Estimating and Pricing methodologies
- Experience in the construction or Facilities Management industry and ideally within the MoD or Central Government sector
- Leadership & management
- Requirement analysis and creation
- Demonstrable legal and contractual knowledge
- Financial understanding (including budget management)
- Communications & presentation skills
- Administration systems knowledge to a high level (information management, filing systems, electronic filing systems and online based)
- Advanced knowledge and skills in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal